Blood, Sweat, and Fire

This is amazing. Perhaps Henry Wallace will continue in politics this time?

Thank you very much. And in regards to Wallace, I have not thought too much about him. I'm honestly not sure what sort of future he'd have in the Democratic Party, after leaving it to join the Progressive Party. Since there's very little chance he'd ever win the Presidency with the Progressives.

And just so you all know, I plan to have an Update posted by tonight or tomorrow. :)

Thank you very much. And in regards to Wallace, I have not thought too much about him. I'm honestly not sure what sort of future he'd have in the Democratic Party, after leaving it to join the Progressive Party. Since there's very little chance he'd ever win the Presidency with the Progressives.

And just so you all know, I plan to have an Update posted by tonight or tomorrow. :)

The Dems are sure to grow a bit hawkish, and move right (to the extent they aren't already there), so there will be space on the left for people like Wallace.

The Dems are sure to grow a bit hawkish, and move right (to the extent they aren't already there), so there will be space on the left for people like Wallace.

Hm, true. I'll bring up the matter with Kevvy, see what he thinks. In the meantime, onto writing the next Update! :)

Faeelin

Banned
Chinese on both sides of the war were struck with disbelief and horror at these turn of events; and while most of the Nationalist Chinese grimly accepted the loss (if they couldn't have it, Mao certainly couldn't!), but the Communists reacted with outrage...and fear. [/CENTER]

Some perspective here.

Some twenty-three million Chinese died in the second Sino-Japanese war, during which they fought against a superior opponent. The US has decided that it will use superweapons on Chinese civilians in order to impose the regime of its choice.

(Even if the bombs are used tactically, civilian deaths are unavoidable).

The Soviets now know the US will use these bombs whenever convenient. The KMT just lost all legitimacy whatsoever.

Mao doesn't need poison. He needs to win an endless guerilla war against the Nationalists, something he knows how to do just fine.

Plus, the tens of thousands of American dead.

Maybe the ussr is going to "sell" the bomb to Mao

I'm not too sure that Mao has the capability of even launching a nuke, being reduced to fighting a guerrilla war now. Not to mention Stalin is gonna want to keep all the nukes that he has very close.

Some perspective here.

Some twenty-three million Chinese died in the second Sino-Japanese war, during which they fought against a superior opponent. The US has decided that it will use superweapons on Chinese civilians in order to impose the regime of its choice.

(Even if the bombs are used tactically, civilian deaths are unavoidable).

The Soviets now know the US will use these bombs whenever convenient. The KMT just lost all legitimacy whatsoever.

Mao doesn't need poison. He needs to win an endless guerilla war against the Nationalists, something he knows how to do just fine.

Plus, the tens of thousands of American dead.

An intriguing point there. But I'm satisfied I've covered that base. While I will not say what China's future shall be, it will be an....interesting one nonetheless that shall address the point(s) you've brought up.

Don't you think that intervening in a massive Civil War on the other side of the world would be extremely controversial even at the height of the Red Scare. Isolationists like Taft and others would never approve of it. The Chinese were gallant allies only a few years ago and now the U.S. is unprovoked killing at least hundreds of thousands of them with atomic bombs. How can you declare war on a political faction, rather then a nation? The idea of the Chinese Communists threatening Japan is ridiculous.

Their will surely be a huge backlash against the war and Cold War militarism and Anti-Communism. Their might be draft riots to match what happened during the American Civil War. Why would the Democrats become more hawkish in this scenario. The Chinese intervention will likely completely the then new Bipartisan Cold War consensus and cause intraparty rebellions among old style isolationists in the Republican Party and the Wallace wing of the Democratic Party including many of the Liberals who liked Wallace but supported Truman because they wanted to defeat Macarthur. At this rate Wallace will claim vindication and be the Democratic nominee in 1952 and crush Macarthur in a landslide.

Mao wouldn't need to launch the nuke he could place it in his own territory then allow a capitalist "breakthrough" then detonate it wiping out a large enemy force. That being said he would also loose a proportion of his own troops now

Stalin may wish to give away one nuke rather than have a large Chinese army working with the Americans threatening the the whole of Siberia
But I think that this move could only really happen in a bout of madness before Stalin dies

Don't you think that intervening in a massive Civil War on the other side of the world would be extremely controversial even at the height of the Red Scare. Isolationists like Taft and others would never approve of it. The Chinese were gallant allies only a few years ago and now the U.S. is unprovoked killing at least hundreds of thousands of them with atomic bombs. How can you declare war on a political faction, rather then a nation? The idea of the Chinese Communists threatening Japan is ridiculous.

Their will surely be a huge backlash against the war and Cold War militarism and Anti-Communism. Their might be draft riots to match what happened during the American Civil War. Why would the Democrats become more hawkish in this scenario. The Chinese intervention will likely completely the then new Bipartisan Cold War consensus and cause intraparty rebellions among old style isolationists in the Republican Party and the Wallace wing of the Democratic Party including many of the Liberals who liked Wallace but supported Truman because they wanted to defeat Macarthur. At this rate Wallace will claim vindication and be the Democratic nominee in 1952 and crush Macarthur in a landslide.

I agree with this.