Black This Out- A Ron Paul 2012 Timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.
A great timeline. I kind of wish we'd gotten a bit more of an aftermath shot for Paul and Obama, but it was great to see a pathway for Paul's nomination.

Well, I certainly eat my words. Despite my earlier criticism, I have enjoyed this timeline for the most part, but that twist ending is brilliant. Well done, and good luck with your future projects.

Interesting timeline. I am surprised though by some of the states won and lost; I would have flipped New Mexico and North Carolina.

West Virginia? Go for Ron Paul?

Partially because he's black (remember West Virginia has a bunch of old white folk voting for things like Social Security and not on racial and sexual politics), partially out of character (Obama to them is the out of touch college liberal, Paul the working class doctor), and partially due to opposition to the National Democrats (specifically Coal and Green stuff).

West Virginia? Go for Ron Paul?

Partially because he's black (remember West Virginia has a bunch of old white folk voting for things like Social Security and not on racial and sexual politics), partially out of character (Obama to them is the out of touch college liberal, Paul the working class doctor), and partially due to opposition to the National Democrats (specifically Coal and Green stuff).

Obama did lose 40% of the vote in the 2012 Democratic primary to a convicted felon, a federal inmate who needless to say did zero campaigning:

http://www.businessweek.com/article...40-percent-of-west-virginia-vote-to-an-inmate

Not hard to envision Obama getting beat in WV by Paul. if he barely beat a federal inmate who couldn't even campaign in a Democratic only race, I am sure he would have an even tougher time against any Republican in a general election. Obviously a lot of people in WV were going to vote against Obama no matter what.

Did I miss where the Republican red has more EC votes on the map than the Democrat blue and somehow lost? Or did we switch something here? Also is the "Night of Theft" supposed to be a real link to a page, or just something for the story?

Did I miss where the Republican red has more EC votes on the map than the Democrat blue and somehow lost? Or did we switch something here? Also is the "Night of Theft" supposed to be a real link to a page, or just something for the story?

Democrats have more EVs (the colors are reversed on the site I use, Republicans are blue.), and the Night of Theft is a fake link. The whole implication is (Spoilers to anyone not caught up): The entire timeline you just read was compiled by a conspiracy theorist.

Last edited:
I acknowledge that this ended a while ago, but I notice how no one ever talks about this TL in its similarity to the 2016 election. Particularly how an outsider politician wins the Republican nomination.

A few differences. Ron Paul actually has convictions and a dedicated libertarian platform.

Trump has...I honestly can't tell, but something that makes people ignore everything he doesn't have. He's an ASB fantasy come to life.

If Ron Paul had the same superpower those newsletters could never have even touched him.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
I acknowledge that this ended a while ago, but I notice how no one ever talks about this TL in its similarity to the 2016 election. Particularly how an outsider politician wins the Republican nomination.
Really?

You've been a member for FOUR YEARS and you still resurrect a long dead T/L for a one liner?

Worse, you had to manually over-ride the warning that TOLD YOU it was dead thread in order to post.

DO NOT do this again.

Status
Not open for further replies.