Best resources on the Late Roman Empire/Western Empire?

Zioneer

Banned
Hey all, I don't have a timeline in mind, but I'd like to know the best resources, especially websites and books, on the Late Roman Empire (post-Diocletian at least) and the Western Roman Empire. Any resources on the Crisis of the Third Century, especially the Gallic and Palmyrene Empires, would also be appreciated. I want to know more about it, but I don't know much beyond Wikipedia.

Anything on the equipment, training, and composition of the Western Roman Empire's army would additionally be nice.

Hey all, I don't have a timeline in mind, but I'd like to know the best resources, especially websites and books, on the Late Roman Empire (post-Diocletian at least) and the Western Roman Empire. Any resources on the Crisis of the Third Century, especially the Gallic and Palmyrene Empires, would also be appreciated. I want to know more about it, but I don't know much beyond Wikipedia.

Anything on the equipment, training, and composition of the Western Roman Empire's army would additionally be nice.

What I can tell you is that by it's end, the armies were so ragged and poorly equipped they were comparable to the nomads in appearance.