Best POD for an independent Philippines

Which is the best POD for an earlier independent Philippines?

Votes: 6 31.6%

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Around 1896

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters

Red Horse

Which of the three choices has the best chances for an early Philippine independence?

Last edited by a moderator:
And keeping it? Probably none of them. The archipelago would probably be carved up by outside powers.

naive of philippine history.

1823 is the best time since no great power besides Spain would have the power projection to do so. The British loss a couple of decades back when they invaded the philippines vs the philippine colonists is still fresh when Spain couldn't send reinforcements. In 1823 would make philippines the most advance independent nation in the region.

In 1823, philippines would have enough time before any power would have interest and industrilization hasn't made philippines backward compared to 1872 and 1896.

Red Horse

Japan is an emerging power and has Pan-Asian movements, and Germany, Britain and the Dutch are eyeing the colony since, whenever.

I could understand the Europeans but, I thought Japan has her eyes set on China and Korea.

The awesomenest pod would be that a carlist claimant goes to the Philippines and establish his own kingdom there.

This. Japan is an emerging power and has Pan-Asian movements, and Germany, Britain and the Dutch are eyeing the colony since, whenever.

He asked for best time, Not worst time. Germany doesn't exist in 1823.
There is no way the British and the Dutch are going to attempt an invasion of philippines again until they have sufficient tech difference and they have a need to go and invade. I even doubt the Dutch would have the resources to invade and win 1820s philippines. People keep forgetting philippines is a western/Hispanic nation. Not a backward medieval Asian nation in the 19th century.

Switch the Platt Amendment. The Philippines become an American protectorate and Cuba is annexed.

Like I said, he asked for best time not the worst time. 1890s pod is the worst of the three op listed.