Behind the Mask: The Rise and Fall of President Lyndon LaRouche

Thanks to Sabot Cat for helping with the premise.​
Some notes:​
Don Merrill was a fellow soldier of LaRouche's who introduced him to Marxism. The POD is that Merrill reads Trotsky's articles on The French Turn and entryism, and shows them to LaRouche.​
-
Part One: Rise

March 5th, 1946​
Don Merrill lay in his bunk, smoking a cigarette and reading the paper. For several minutes the only thing he could hear was the sound of him blowing smoke, the turning of paper, and the creaking of the ship. All of the sudden he heard footsteps and a the notes of Vivaldi's Winter. He looked up to see his friend Lydon LaRouche. “Come here Lyndon, I have something to show you” Merrill said. He set down the paper and fished around, eventually finding the paper he was looking for. “This is by Trotsky. Do you know what entryism is Lyndon?” “No idea Don.” “Trotsky explains it better, but entryism is founded on the realization that revolutionary ideologies aren't exactly the most popular. We could try to build popularity on the outside, ignoring electoral politics, but another way to gain popularity is to join a bourgeoisie party and spread our message from the inside.” LaRouche took his glasses off, cleaned them off, and said “So basically to succeed we pretend to be Democrats?” Merrill thought for a minute, then said “Almost. It's more about spreading our message inside the party, and you can't really do that if you are pretending to be a mainstream Democrat. Seriously, Trotsky explains it much better.” He handed LaRouche the paper.​

November 12th, 1948​
Lyndon LaRouche shivered as he entered his apartment building. He shook the snow off his coat and went into his tiny apartment. After turning the radio for some background noise he opened up his voter registration form and began filling it out. Now seemed as appropriate a time as ever to join the Democrats. Truman had just been reelected, the biggest upset in electoral history. After finishing filling the form out he noticed the essay by Trotsky that Merrill had given him a few years before. How naïve,he thought. Ideas are only half the battle. What really matters to fulfilling your goals is power. Of course, a Trotskyist in the Democratic Party would never get power, unless, LaRouche smiled at his idea, they weren't an obvious Trotskyist. But once in power a person could move mountains. Satisfied he put on a Brahms record and let the music overtake him.​

srhs.gif

But will there be aliens, bio-duplication, and nude conspiracies?

Dammit, I thought the title said "The Rise and Fall of President Lyndon JOHNSON" and got super intrigued. :eek: Still looks really interesting, and I hope the OTHER Lyndon will appear in the story.
"Why the hell did you steal my name?!"

Intriguing. I've had a degree of fascination with LaRouche since I heard of him--he has quite a few ideas I like (fusion reactors and space ships and bank regulations) mixed in with utter insanity (Venice = Britain = Capitalist Plot to destroy the world!). I look forward to seeing how this goes.

Will he mellow out at all as a Democrat?

And how many of the OTL LaRouche-minions will attain positions of power?

In which decade do you plan to get him into the White House, if you don't mind tipping your hand so early?

Intriguing. I've had a degree of fascination with LaRouche since I heard of him--he has quite a few ideas I like (fusion reactors and space ships and bank regulations) mixed in with utter insanity (Venice = Britain = Capitalist Plot to destroy the world!). I look forward to seeing how this goes.

In which decade do you plan to get him into the White House, if you don't mind tipping your hand so early?

I mean, where's the fun in taking Lyndon LaRouch all the way to the White House, if he's only a generic name brand knock off?

If his State of the Union speech doesn't include references to Platonism, I will be disappoint.

Japhy

Banned
Dammit, I thought the title said "The Rise and Fall of President Lyndon JOHNSON" and got super intrigued. :eek: Still looks really interesting, and I hope the OTHER Lyndon will appear in the story.

This obsession gimmick of yours is getting old. :rolleyes:

That said, I'm interested in this project. Will be glad to see where it goes.

But will there be aliens, bio-duplication, and nude conspiracies?
Yes, yes, an this is a family friendly TL pervert. (but yes). :p

1. Not really. He will however change a lot of his positions, just like OTL.

2. Some. The younger figures won't however because they won't be old enough.

3. He will win the election between 1976-1984.
Perhaps he will act normal for the election and then unveil his true form after winning.
That's his basic plan, although some parts of his nuttiness will show themselves. For instance he is going to denounce rock music (which for some reason is a British plot according to him).
Will he get the Neocons on his side?
Some. The thing about LaRouche is that he is able to appeal to people on all sides, provided they are somewhat nuts. For instance he worked with both white supremacists and the kind of people who read RT and Global Research (who have probably cited him as a source).
Not a problem! I look forward to see how you do this, and I'm already delighted by LaRouche's Machiavellian villainy.
Thank you. Your original idea was disturbingly plausible.
And take off his human mask to reveal his true lizard overlord face?
Everyone knows LaRouche fights against the lizard people. After all, the Queen of England is one.:p