Balkan Homogeneity

What would it take for each of the Balkan nations to be ethnically homogenous? What would the effect be of this happening and the aftermath?

POD is 1900.

tehskyman

Banned
Thats a bit late, I was thinking about if the ottomans somehow managed to genocide the balkans then replace those inhabitants with native turks

Impossible to do without ethnic cleansing on a horrific scale. If it were to happen, I would think the most likely time period would be in the months following the end of WW2:

Romania:

In 1945. Stalin decides to "punish" the Hungarians much like he did with the Germans in what is now Western Poland. He orders mass expulsions of Hungarians in Romania. He then orders the Moldovan population in the Soviet Union resettled in formerly Hungarian dominated areas in Romania.

Bulgaira:

After WW2 Bulgaria is led by a Hoxha/Kim Il Sung type. Turkish Bulgarians flee to Turkey en masse between 1950-1990.

Yugoslavia:

Draža Mihailović never loses Allied support, as he and Tito form an uneasy truce during WW2. After the War the allies split up Yugoslavia into North Yugoslavia (Croatia, Bosnia and Slovenia) and South Yugoslavia (Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia). After a brief conflict in 1948 between the two nations, an exodus of Serbs flee North Yugoslavia into the South. South Yugoslavia's poor performance in the war prompts Kosovo to attempt to break away. However, the Serbs respond forcefully, as millions of Kosovar Albanians are forced from their homes.

With all of this enthnic cleansing going on however, I would hate to live in the Balkans in this scenario. Everyone would suffer tremendously. I would imagine it would be a very dark time in the Balkans.

PS is right. Without massive genocides it not be possible. And probablu it would cause much problems. People wouldn't like that and there would be very strong resistance against genocides. This might lead to civil wars.

Although people tend to mention everytime the words "genocide" and "ethnic" cleansing" for the Balkans, it is almost imposible for a whole country to achieve ethnic homogenity in the region.

The only way is a huge-scale program of exchange-transportation of populations, possibly after WW I:
As IOTL Greece and Bulgaria and Greece and Turkey exchange populations, but this time the muslims of Greek Thrace, the Turks of southern Bulgaria and the Greeks of Constantinople are also included.
Greece receives a part of Northern Epirus and exchanges populations with Albania.
The Bulgarians of the Serbian Macedonia are transported to Bulgaria.

After WWII there's no unified Yugoslavia, but instead Serbia, Croatia and Slovenia. Serbia cecedes a part of Kosovo and Tetovo to Albania, in exchange of receiving the larger part of Bosnia, while the Croatians get the rest, and the Krajna Serbs move to Bosnia. Of course, there is a large muslim minority in both Serbia and Croatia, but I guess thet's the best homogenity scenario...

abc123

Banned
Although people tend to mention everytime the words "genocide" and "ethnic" cleansing" for the Balkans, it is almost imposible for a whole country to achieve ethnic homogenity in the region.

The only way is a huge-scale program of exchange-transportation of populations, possibly after WW I:
As IOTL Greece and Bulgaria and Greece and Turkey exchange populations, but this time the muslims of Greek Thrace, the Turks of southern Bulgaria and the Greeks of Constantinople are also included.
Greece receives a part of Northern Epirus and exchanges populations with Albania.
The Bulgarians of the Serbian Macedonia are transported to Bulgaria.

After WWII there's no unified Yugoslavia, but instead Serbia, Croatia and Slovenia. Serbia cecedes a part of Kosovo and Tetovo to Albania, in exchange of receiving the larger part of Bosnia, while the Croatians get the rest, and the Krajna Serbs move to Bosnia. Of course, there is a large muslim minority in both Serbia and Croatia, but I guess thet's the best homogenity scenario...

And if you send them in Turkey...

I think Serbia will cede Metohija region (Prizren and Peć) to Albania, will the Bosniaks will be relocated to Eastern Sandžak.

abc123

Banned
I think Serbia will cede Metohija region (Prizren and Peć) to Albania, will the Bosniaks will be relocated to Eastern Sandžak.

Indeed. ( bolded )

About Muslims, I was thinking that we speak about BiH-Muslims, not Sandžak Muslims.;)

Impossible to do without ethnic cleansing on a horrific scale. If it were to happen, I would think the most likely time period would be in the months following the end of WW2:

Romania:

In 1945. Stalin decides to "punish" the Hungarians much like he did with the Germans in what is now Western Poland. He orders mass expulsions of Hungarians in Romania. He then orders the Moldovan population in the Soviet Union resettled in formerly Hungarian dominated areas in Romania.

This is possible only in the event of the accession of Hungary to the Soviet Union. In Russia, all governments have always been the kindness of foreigners to the detriment of their own people . It was a story :
After World War II , when our troops were in North Korea, the local government decided to kill all the Japanese people living there . Simply starve to death - property confiscated from them , and work to provide them banned . Suddenly , Stalin's government orders the Soviet officers ( secret order , that is, not for propaganda purposes ) take on the Japanese. Anyone: maids , cooks, nannies , gardeners ... It seemed that what they care about these Japanese? But the rescued people !