Authoritarian Canada challenge

Can anyone come up with some ideas for a fascist/authoritarian government in Canada? It should be at least as popular as the current Liberal - party government (which has been in office for the last 13 years), we should have the same trade and budget surpluses as now, and a REAL military. Friendly w/US. :)

unsunghero said:
Can anyone come up with some ideas for a fascist/authoritarian government in Canada? It should be at least as popular as the current Liberal - party government (which has been in office for the last 13 years), we should have the same trade and budget surpluses as now, and a REAL military. Friendly w/US. :)
Have it emerge in the 1930's, and then be humiliated in a war with the U.S....

The Genie Is Out...

Wendell- I believe you are looking for this 1935 war plan called Operation Crimson. It was created by the War Department, if anything, this document could serve as a "chilling factor" in Canadian/American relations in the same form as the Zimmermann Telegram....or it could serve as the basis of an American attack plan:

http://www.glasnost.de/hist/usa/1935invasion.html

Hope you guys like it!!

Seem to remember

I seem to remember reading a short story once where Trudeau declared martial law after the Quebec separatists killed some people.

I wrote part of a short story about this a while back. The POD was that Pierre Tudeau became a hardline Communist in the 1950's, and eventually became the leader of the FLQ and lead a near-successful Quebecois revolt in the 1970's [which almost caused a war between the USA and USSR, due to heavy Soviet aid to the Quebecois rebels].

The rebels were crushed when the Soviet aid stopped coming, and Canada's government swung dramatically to the right after the revolt.

Try the novel Killing Ground by Bruce Powe. Avaliable at Amazon.com.

Also, the film Sleeping Dogs. It's set in New Zealand, but the scenario would work in Canada too.