Austria Hungary joins Zollverein (German Customs Union)

I think OP meant to just say Austria in the title.
Austria-Hungary is technically correct for the pre-1849 period too, since Austria and Hungary were two separate states/countries even back then.

I'm not sure about the status of Galicia, but seemingly the Lombard-Venetian Kingdom was also an entity separate from Austria (until ~1850), although this was partially just legal fiction.

Last edited:
Austria-Hungary is technically correct for the pre-1849 period too, since Austria and Hungary were two separate states/countries even back then.

I'm not sure about the status of Galicia, but seemingly the Lombard-Venetian Kingdom was also an entity separate from Austria (until ~1850), although this was partially just legal fiction.
AFAIK Galicia was always administered separate from Hungary (as part of Austria) however when Maria Theresa got it she got it as Queen of Hungary. Because of this the hungarian pailament repeatedly asked for it to be integrated in to Hungary.

AFAIK Galicia was always administered separate from Hungary (as part of Austria) however when Maria Theresa got it she got it as Queen of Hungary. Because of this the hungarian pailament repeatedly asked for it to be integrated in to Hungary.
I know it was always separate from Hungary (despite Maria Theresa originally claiming the area in the name of the Hungarian Crown). What I'm not sure about is wether Galicia was also like the Lombard-Venetian Kingdom (technically separate state which was still pretty much directly controlled from Vienna) or it was actually legally part of the "Kaiserthum".