As Dreamers Do Part Deux

@Sevsdast

While on the subject of TV contracts, the NHL's current United States TV deal will expire after the 2010 playoffs.

Currently the TV partners are:
NHL
Wednesday Nights: SBC
Other weeknights: ESPN and USA Network
Weekend afternoons: NBC
All Star Weekend: Alternates between NBC and SBC
Eastern Conference Finals: SBC
Western Conference Finals: NBC
Stanley Cup Finals: NBC
Winter/Outdoor Classic and MLK Day split between SBC and NBC

The league said they will announce any changes for the 2010-11 season during the Conference Finals.

Question submitted by @Mitch!

Was there any reason Mighty Ducks fans call Corey Perry “The Platypus,” not “The Worm?”

Because Tiffany heard Chris Berman call him that on SportsCenter and she saw a marketing possibility that was too good to pass up.

How good is ESPN rn? (is their quality bad like rn IOTL or great like in the past?)

Keith Olbermann left a few years back to replace Dave Marash on SBC's Sunset, which is their nightly national newscast.

In recent years, on NFL Primetime, they still had to discontinue Jacked Up! due to CTE concerns. ITTL, NFL Primetime moved from Sunday nights to Monday nights because since 1994, their ratings declined steadily in favor of Fox NFL Sunday Night.

Also, NFL Primetime is now simulcast on both ESPN and ABC. And just like IOTL, Jacked Up! has now been replaced with the more light-hearted C'Mon, Man! segment.

@Sevsdast

Another Lost Media discovery is a 2006 special edition of ESPN's Outside the Lines called Breakfast at Tiffany Disney's.

It aired one year after Tiffany became the Mighty Ducks' owner. At the time of that broadcast, she and Joyce Chung had been married for 14 months and both became adoptive mothers.

The year prior, PTI had this to say...

Michael Wilbon: Back in 1992, when the Mighty Ducks of San Diego entered the NHL, they were a source of ridicule having been named after a youth hockey movie. But now, 13 years and two Stanley Cups later, team founder Walt Disney, Jr. has transferred day to day operations of the franchise to his 22-year old daughter Tiffany who barely graduated college last month. Tony, are we gonna see a repeat of Paris Hilton's disastrous tenure with the Chargers? Because if you lived in San Diego you'd probably be pretty nervous right now.

Tony Kornheiser: No, I think San Diegans should be more relieved that Walt was able to keep Jim Balsillie from ripping the Ducks away from their town. Another thing, Mike, that you left out, is that Walt's decision to put Tiffany in charge of the Duck franchise had also came from his hypertension diagnosis a year ago. Thirdly, Walt has stated publicly that when he wanted his kids to be more productive in their lives, it was Tiffany who asked him if she could help out with the Ducks. And Tiffany said that she volunteered to help her dad with the team assuming she was gonna work her way up the ladder of the organization and become the owner at an older age...but again, dad's heart troubles probably forced Tiffany to grow up faster.

Wilbon: Yeah but you completely ignored my first question.

Kornheiser: I really do think the people in San Diego should give Tiffany a chance. I genuinely think Tiffany will be a better owner for the Ducks than Paris Hilton was for the Chargers. I really do. Tiffany herself said she heard about the way Paris ran the Chargers and said that she wants to be better than that. Some of the interviews I've seen give me the impression that Tiffany is a lot more knowledgeable about hockey than Paris was about football. Another thing we should mention is with Tiffany now leading the Ducks, she becomes the first openly gay owner in professional sports. THAT alone is a huge milestone...a day I'm glad I got to see in my lifetime.

Wilbon: Tony, I think you swayed me on this one.....

Last edited:
Dear Tiffany,

When Peter Pan leads Wendy and her brothers to Neverland, how do they avoid exposure to the vacuum of space?

NASA Intern
Houston, TX

Tiffany Disney
"I've actually had my science teacher ask me that in high school. I said to him that according to my headcanon, Tink's pixie dust would give Peter and the kids some oxygen during the voyage."​

Dear Tiffany,

When Peter Pan leads Wendy and her brothers to Neverland, how do they avoid exposure to the vacuum of space?

NASA Intern
Houston, TX

Tiffany Disney
"I've actually had my science teacher ask me that in high school. I said to him that according to my headcanon, Tink's pixie dust would give Peter and the kids some oxygen during the voyage."​
Sure. Why not?

How will the events of Fox’s Galaxy Hearts tie into the overall storyline of Kingdom Hearts?

Answer from Dave Filoni (the new Chief Creative Officer at Amblin Entertainment)
"The talks I've had with Robert Zemeckis [head of 20th Century-Fox], Sir Daniel Abbott [head of Walt Disney Classic Animation], Rachel Stone-Abbott [head of Legendary], Joel Silver [vice president of Legendary] and Blanche Boudreaux [head of animation at Legendary] led to an agreement that Galaxy Hearts would take place in a canon separate from the main canons of both Star Wars and Kingdom Hearts, allowing more flexibility for the writing."

"Haley Joel Osment is on board to voice Sora for twice the salary he has received so far for the main Kingdom Hearts games and TV series."

"At Legendary, Rachel has a young staff who are very enthusiastic about this new series. For most other projects that Legendary co-produces with Disney, Blanche acts as the supervisor for Rachel's son Devon Abbott, along with Alex Hirsch and Rebecca Sugar to name a few. But to accommodate Blanche's production schedule for her PBS series Cartooning Made Easy, Rachel has asked me to work in tandem with her staff."

Sure. Why not?

Zack Van Buren (Tiffany's high school classmate)
"I was one of the few people Tiffany could talk to about diapers. She tried to downplay her incontinence as much as she could to avoid being bullied."

"Anyways, I took American history with Tiffany. One day, we were learning about the Apollo 11 mission when the teacher's boring lecture was interrupted by what most of the class assumed was a huge fart that was loud and wet. Most of the other kids laughed, but then the teacher asked Tiff to stand in front of the class."

Teacher: "Ms. Disney, can you tell me how Peter Pan, Wendy, Michael and John were able to fly to Neverland while being exposed to the vacuum of space?"

Tiffany: "Simple. Tinkerbell's pixie dust gives them oxygen."

Teacher: "Well...that actually makes a lot of sense.

*hands Tiffany a hall pass*

Teacher [whispering to Tiffany]: "Go ahead and leave the class early so you can change."

Dear Mrs. Disney,

what do you think about alternate histories? Are they healthy for the minds of others or are they considered a hazard of radical re-imagining?

Dear Mrs. Disney,

what do you think about alternate histories? Are they healthy for the minds of others or are they considered a hazard of radical re-imagining?

Tiffany:
"One thread I read in the AH.com forums was this alternate history where Grandpa Walt wound up dying in 1966 and the Disney company ending up being taken over by Michael Eisner in the Eighties."

Why are San Diego State’s Aztecs, not USC’s Trojans, a focus, of the human mascot debate?

Answer from SDSU alum Tiffany Disney, Class of 2005
"Many people agree that the name Trojans, used by my Dad's alma mater USC, as well as names like the Spartans, Highlanders or Vikings don't have the same negative impact on marginalized communities like the former Washington Redskins did before Art Modell bought that team from George Preston Marshall and renamed them the Heroes, which was a controversial decision at first."

"With the Aztecs, as I've said in the past, we've had previous iterations of our former mascot Monty Montezuma that would be considered racially insensitive today. But over time, the athletics department tried to make him look more historically accurate. When I was a freshman, the school tried a tamer Ambassador Montezuma which pissed off the alumni. It was in the summer after my freshman year that the school replaced with the red-faced Monty from 1997 with the monogram SD as the primary athletic logo."

"Again, years after I graduated, I proposed the name Alebrijes for a possible rebrand. But after hearing about the Hispanic community's overwhelming support of the current Aztec name, I've changed my mind in favor of keeping the Aztec name while phasing out human mascots in favor of an animal closely tied to Aztec culture."

resAprox640x425__00929-zuma.jpg

ABOVE: Zuma the Jaguar, the Aztec mascot idea proposed by Tiffany Disney

Dear Blanche
firstly out of curiosity did you ever attend school with Tiffany Disney and secondly was kind of wondering what the current upcoming slate of animated projects for your current studio is if you can’t reveal due to NDAs that’s fine because in that case what was the oddest childhood memory you can think of?
Deakin