As Dreamers Do Part Deux

@OldNavy1988, THIS JUST IN: The Jim Henson Company had agrees to acquired Pearson Television from Pearson plc. for $1.2 Billion dollars. This deal give them iconic game shows like The Price is Right and Family Feud and the libraries of Thames Television and Grundy Television, including the animated shows Danger Mouse and Count Duckula, formerly seen on Henson-owned Nickelodeon in the United States, CEO Michael Eisner says “With this deal, we will expand our production capabilities in the UK and expands to Australia with Grundy Television and gets some of the world’s most popular game show formats“
The Financial Times

The plans are for the US-based production side folding into Touchstone Television, with Thames and Grundy remaining as separate studios under Touchstone, Worldvision will take over the distribution of Family Feud and To Tell the Truth and will launch a revisal of Card Sharks for the 2001-02 season, while The Price is Right will move to ABC Daytime for the 2002-03 season.

Whatever happens with Thames, I'll find a way for the iconic Thames logo to avoid being plastered.

Nice. And what is Pearson Television? I know quite a bit about British TV, but don't know about this.

IOTL, Pearson is a British conglomerate whom at one point was the biggest book publisher in the world.

Pearson’s old TV division that is now the British, Australian and American divisions of Fremantle IOTL owned by RTL/Radio Television Luxembourg. Both IOTL and ITTL, they owned Thames Television, Grundy Television (Neighbours, Prisoner Cell Block H), Baywatch and the Mark Goodson library (The Price is Right, Family Feud/Family Fortunes if your British).
Oh. Ok. ANd BTW, I'm African-American.

Here's how a typical Thundercats VHS opened prior to Paramount's acquisition of Rankin-Bass.

After the RB transaction, Paramount would gain the home video rights to Thundercats by 1994.

Pre-Disney TMNT tapes also opened with FHE's yellow paper logo. Here's an OTL example:

Starting in May 1991, TMNT tapes from Disney opened like this. Beginning with the Sewer Heroes tapes:

Pearson’s old TV division that is now the British, Australian and American divisions of Fremantle IOTL owned by RTL/Radio Television Luxembourg. Both IOTL and ITTL, they owned Thames Television, Grundy Television (Neighbours, Prisoner Cell Block H), Baywatch and the Mark Goodson library (The Price is Right, Family Feud/Family Fortunes if your British).
However, Just Like IOTL in the As Dreamers Do Universe ITTL, CBS airs The Price is Right since 1972 and is still hosted by Bob Barker as of right now in the year 2001, but in 2007, I Hope Drew Carey will be the new host like in OTL as well.

And What about the Other Game Shows currently airing ITTL as well?

Here's how a typical Thundercats VHS opened prior to Paramount's acquisition of Rankin-Bass.

After the RB transaction, Paramount would gain the home video rights to Thundercats by 1994.

Pre-Disney TMNT tapes also opened with FHE's yellow paper logo. Here's an OTL example:

Starting in May 1991, TMNT tapes from Disney opened like this. Beginning with the Sewer Heroes tapes:
Ok. And?

A another good way for turner to expand interntionally is for him to buyout the belguim based walbi group. They were bought out by six flag in 98 otl but their no mention of the this world verison of six flags six kings buying outing walbi so they may still be avaible for turner to buy

Entertainment News for Mid-February 2001
Entertainment News for Mid-February 2001

Dale Earnhardt, Sr. walks away from a scary crash at the Daytona 500. Credits the HANS device (mandated by NASCAR last year) for saving his life. [1]
- SportsCenter

Epic Kingdom opens to Epic Acclaim
- The Orange County Register

Is Australia's Gold Coast the next Orlando?

Universal, Six Kings, Bally and Turner are each zeroing in on the Gold Coast of Queensland as the next gold mine for their respective theme park chains. In the meantime, the Sunway Group is talking with Disney about a possible sale of the struggling Wonderland park in Sydney.
- The Herald Sun

Select Grammy Winners
Best Song:
Beautiful Day by U2
Best New Artist: Linkin Park
Best Pop Vocal Album: Black and Blue by the Backstreet Boys
Best Rap Album: The Marshall Mathers LP by Eminem
Album of the Year: Two Against Nature by Steely Dan

[1] Just like IOTL, the 2001 Daytona 500 was Fox's first NASCAR telecast.

Whatever happens with Thames, I'll find a way for the iconic Thames logo to avoid being plastered.
Henson has promised that they won’t plastered the Thames logo, in addition, in order to pay off debt, they will sold off Pearson’s 24% stake in the UK’s Channel 5 to RTL/UFA for £100 Million pounds to focus more on Central Independent Television, the ITV franchise for the Midlands, which it owns since 1991.

Dale Earnhardt, Sr. walks away from a scary crash at the Daytona 500. Credits the HANS device (mandated by NASCAR last year) for saving his life. [1]
- SportsCenter

Epic Kingdom opens to Epic Acclaim
- The Orange County Register

Is Australia's Gold Coast the next Orlando?
Universal, Six Kings, Bally and Turner are each zeroing in on the Gold Coast of Queensland as the next gold mine for their respective theme park chains. In the meantime, the Sunway Group is talking with Disney about a possible sale of the struggling Wonderland park in Sydney.
- The Herald Sun

Select Grammy Winners
Best Song:
Beautiful Day by U2
Best New Artist: Linkin Park
Best Pop Vocal Album: Black and Blue by the Backstreet Boys
Best Rap Album: The Marshall Mathers LP by Eminem
Album of the Year: Two Against Nature by Steely Dan

[1] Just like IOTL, the 2001 Daytona 500 was Fox's first NASCAR telecast.
1: I'm glad the guy manages to live.
2: As it should, to be honest.
3: I would have Sunway sell the Wonderland park to Disney. That way, they'd get a headstart against the opposing competition. As for said competition, I'd want Universal or Turner to get the Australian yes.
4: Sounds pretty good for the Grammys. And the fact that Fox's first NASCAR broadcast wasn't a complete disaster is fantastic news on top of that.

We'll love the Fox NASCAR landing, but we would have New Line Cinema to made Exit Wounds, Driven, Swordfish, Rock Star, The Curse of the Jade Scorpion and Don't Say a Word (OTL Warner Bros. made the former four, DreamWorks made the fifth and 20th Century Fox made the latter). I'll have Haim Saban to buy the Culver Studios backlot for use with Golden Harvest and New Line Cinema.

Last edited:
Starting in 2001, Fox shares the NASCAR contract with CBS and ESPN. Here are the theme songs:

Fox

CBS

ESPN (The Speedworld Theme)

Daytona 500 Rotation
Fox:
2001, 2003, 2005, 2007
CBS: 2002, 2004, 2006​

Here is FX's logo evolution.

June 1, 1994-December 31, 1997
fx-tv-logo-png-transparent.png

January 1, 1998-Present
X2i2OOQ.png