Aryan Arianism

I am unsure if I should put this in the chat area, but this thread title has been chewing on my brain for a while so I will just get it out here. Are the tenets of Arianism compatible with the interests or viewpoints of the NSDAP?

The medieval heresy? Given that Nazism wasn't interested in Christianity (as an ideology rather than as a government) I don't see how concerned Hitler would be with the relative importance of the Holy Spirit.

The medieval heresy? Given that Nazism wasn't interested in Christianity (as an ideology rather than as a government) I don't see how concerned Hitler would be with the relative importance of the Holy Spirit.

They apparently were on of the more militant sects.

But there was no link with nationalism or Volk, authoritarism maybe, and militarism and christianism, generallly... ya know...
I don't suppose anyone here actually knows very much about Arianism. Neither do I, nor do I imagine the Nazis would have. It seemed to fit a bit into the image that the Nazis wanted for the Churches if they didn't chuck them.

modern day Jehovah's Witnesses are essentially Arians.

Neither believes that Jesus is God, but rather is some sort of sub-God divine figure. Whatever that means. And no, I've never been able to figure it out, either.

I don't suppose anyone here actually knows very much about Arianism. Neither do I, nor do I imagine the Nazis would have. It seemed to fit a bit into the image that the Nazis wanted for the Churches if they didn't chuck them.

I studied them for a long paper at school but it was a good few years ago. Was all this for some kind of pun-TL?

modern day Jehovah's Witnesses are essentially Arians.

Neither believes that Jesus is God, but rather is some sort of sub-God divine figure. Whatever that means. And no, I've never been able to figure it out, either.

And 1940s Jehovah's Witnesses were Final Solution targets, IIRC. Very minor ones, since there weren't a whole lot of them in Europe in the first place.

And 1940s Jehovah's Witnesses were Final Solution targets, IIRC. Very minor ones, since there weren't a whole lot of them in Europe in the first place.
According to a Scandinavian prisoner in Auschwitz I met, they tended to keep the some Jehovah's Witnesses as servants for the officers homes. They probably would go with others not supporting the state body and soul.

I am unsure if I should put this in the chat area, but this thread title has been chewing on my brain for a while so I will just get it out here. Are the tenets of Arianism compatible with the interests or viewpoints of the NSDAP?

Well, Protestantism and Catholicism turned out to be "compatible" enough to allow Hitler to take over, I don't see how Arianism would differ.

As for actually using it as a vehicle of support for Naziism, that'd be harder. But that wasn't necessary IOTL.

That's all the thought I'm going to put into defending a silly pun :p