Are there any good alt history comics out there?

what the title says really, oh and excluding the watchmen and the leauge of extraordinary gentlemen.

fero

Banned
Superman: Red Son
fall and raised in Soviet Union.
no need know the superman universe to have fun, is a "Elseworld", a "shorth" history, also really the only Superman comic I was reed.

Seriously a good history.

Be Carefull, the Wikipedia article have too much spoilers.

You can find it online (also in spanish too).

Supermanredson.jpg

Storming Paradise would be another good example. This comic basically covers the US invasion of Japan in the Second World War. It has possibly loads of High Octane Nightmare Fuel with Japanese soldiers going "banzai" all over the place and charging in from what seems like all directions. It's a very good read.

storming+paradise.jpg

Captain Confederacy (Captain America-like in CSA) is better than one could expect
(I expected it to be very bad).
Try googliing and you find it on the net

Ministry of Space, is one of my favorite alternate history book/ comic.
Let's just say it's about the British going crazy within there own space age.

I'm seriously considering making my own "illustrated novel" my self. About a technocratic government being installed during the hay day of the Great Depression and World War Two, in North America. Not to make it so technical it will include from WWII to the end 2033. Of course it wont be so bias it will include some of the dark side to it as well.

Filled with mystery and action and weird inventions it's bound to be good material.

I liked "Ignition City" by Warren Ellis.

The POD involves Aliens arriving sometime in the 1930s, so in the 1950s have advanced spacecraft, rocket packs, Rayguns, and a Drunken Yuri Gagarin-expy.

thanks guys, just bought Red Son today (it was the easeist to find in my local comic shop), about to read it now. and the others i coudlent fin in the shop so im going to try and get them from amazon or somthing.

There... well, its a kinda stretch to judge it this early, but the upcoming Heavy Water looks interesting. In a Mortyr-sort of way, at the very least.:)

book_heavywater3.jpg

Antartic Press had a series of Alternate WW books.Neat aircraft, ships,and uniforms.Series was called Families of Alternate Wars-included Luftwaffe 1946 with VERY interesting planes.Try Wikipedia , of course.

Last edited:
It's not exactly 'true' AH, but Atomic Robo has some AH-ish elements in it, though they're not usually at the forefront. History itself remains more or less the same, but there's a lot of little bits influenced by the fact that pulpy superscience works in the setting. For example, one of the reasons the Nazis lost the war is because Hitler diverted a lot of his efforts to building wunderwaffe, but meddled with their production. Similarly, one side story involves a Chinese-built, North Korean-operated war robot attacking Seoul during the Korean War. The story goes into detail about why robotic weaponry ultimately fell out of favour during the Cold War.

So, it's not AH in the sense that 'history happens differently because of certain events changing,' but more that 'history follows pretty much the same path, but for somewhat different reasons.'