Anti-Gravity: An alternate film timeline

In 1977-78 after the box office success of Fox's Star Wars, Columbia Pictures have announced four films in development there are WipEout, Close Encounters, Starman, and Spider-Man out of the four the three that I mentioned were released years later but what if WipEout became Columbia's Sci-Fi movie/tv series franchise of the 1970s? I'm also doing TV as well.

This timeline is largely inspired by others such as Restarted with a Mouse and As Dreamers Do which I started only four threads.

Last edited:
Developmnent of the film Wipeout began in 1975 under the working title Formula Future the story summary will be a pilot was selected by one of the racing teams completing the AG Racing League in the distant future in the futuristic city and the film's theatrical trailer was released that year it was originally planned for Christmas 1977 release but pushed to 1978 when the film became a big hit in the box office as well as international releases in 1979 Columbia Pictures TV have announced a Wipeout television series set to premiere in October 1979 titled WipEout: The Series on CBC in Canada, CBS in the United States it ran for two seasons before cancelling in 1981. A theatrical pilot titled WipEout was aired in 1980. Both the film and the tv series was a worldwide hit WipEout became Columbia Pictures first ever sci-fi racing franchise since the 1950s.

Last edited:
The 1980s were a massive change in the entertainment industry. Columbia Pictures have updated the opening logo with the Sunburst is now being placed on a space background with stars zoomed towards the screen. Other major studios have released films throughout the decade but were not as successful. WipEout: The Animated Series or the Animated Adventures of the Racing Series WipEout aired on Saturday nights as a third season from 1981 before cancelling in 1982. A sequel to the original film titled WipEout 2097 was released that year although it did well in the box office. A third film titled WipEout 3 was released in 1984 nearly beating the other sci-fi films. Other composers used a rearranged version of the 1976 theme for the two films.

Last edited: