Anachist Christianity

How could we get a christian sect that believed that Jesus Christ was the Lord of Chaos, and he died to liberate humanity from the evil forces of order?

Well, not quite in those terms, but Christian Anarchism did and does exist. Leo Tolstoy became one in his later life after writing his great novels. Something tells me this might be a disingenious query, however.

There were many varieties of Gnosticism with many weird variants which might be what you're interested in.

Heh, I actually consider myself a Christian Anarchist, even if that has more to do with my disbelief in organized religion. ;)

There were many varieties of Gnosticism with many weird variants which might be what you're interested in.

Some of those could definitely go in that direction.

The difficulty wouldn't wouldn't be in having such a sect come into existence, but in having it last any period of time.

How could we get a christian sect that believed that Jesus Christ was the Lord of Chaos, and he died to liberate humanity from the evil forces of order?

No insult to anyone but the, people promoting that are worshiping a mental image of Antichrist. That's all i have to say.:eek:

Last edited:
i consider myself a philosophical anarchist, though i've never thought of religous anarchy it is pretty much what i practice.
i have never fleshed out the ideas in my head but:
perhaps these christians can believe that GOD is the only true ruler of the world, and that man has no authority over other men...except of course of the many instances in the Old Testament where GOD gave man power over other men, however with the coming of Jesus, perhaps we can say that this has changed, like much of the old religion.

Nietzsche

Banned
No insult to anyone but the, people promoting that are worshiping a mental image of Antichrist. That's all i have to say.:eek:
<_< Even though the historical Jesus of Nazareth lived in what would amount to a commune for a good long while? And approved of it?

<_< Even though the historical Jesus of Nazareth lived in what would amount to a commune for a good long while? And approved of it?
So, who mentioned a commune? Only you, so what does that have to do with anything?

And anyway, i would think that a sect that embraces chaos would be opposed to communes as being to orderly.

What about Negacrist? :eek:
It empathises the negativity.
That sounds scarily close to Nergal.

Nietzsche

Banned
So, who mentioned a commune? Only you, so what does that have to do with anything?

And anyway, i would think that a sect that embraces chaos would be opposed to communes as being to orderly.

That sounds scarily close to Nergal.
A commune is an Anarchist community.