An MLB Collaborative TL: Piece of Cake: The Cubs win Game 6 in '03

The Hurricane weakens, who fixes the ACC
May 15th 2005: More former Miami players announce declaring their transfer intentions with Devin Hester announcing he will join Jon Beason at LSU Brandon Meriweather announces he will transfer to Florida State
while Eric Winston announces he will transfer to Texas

May 16th 2005: The ACC announces a emergency meeting to discuss a potential new member to replace Miami right away

Last edited:
UCF arrives!
May 18th 2005: After the disaster of Miami hit, the ACC found a very strong market in Florida to fit in their new conference, as they welcomed the UCF knights to the ACC, leaving Miami to rot in the Sun Belt or potentially the FCS.

Saluki shocker!
May 20th 2005: Surprisingly, Eric Winston, star tackle for Miami left for the new Big East school straight out of the FCS, Southern Illinois. He stated his reason was: "In order to build a team that can compete, you need the bricks of the foundation. For the Salukis, I'm part of their foundation."

May 18th 2005: After the disaster of Miami hit, the ACC found a very strong market in Florida to fit in their new conference, as they welcomed the UCF knights to the ACC, leaving Miami to rot in the Sun Belt or potentially the FCS.
Would it make more sense for UCF to join as a football-only member, since their basketball is not very good and the ACC can survive just fine with 11 teams in all other sports?

May 20th 2005: Surprisingly, Eric Winston, star tackle for Miami left for the new Big East school straight out of the FCS, Southern Illinois. He stated his reason was: "In order to build a team that can compete, you need the bricks of the foundation. For the Salukis, I'm part of their foundation."
This was the start of a surprisingly very solid offseason for the Saluki football team, bringing in many 2-3 star guys and transfers who were actually better than their rating (called gems), but they are still going to be predicted to finish last in the Big East, but a very competitive last at that.

I mean Miami probably isn’t gonna have a football program for years since they got the death penalty
At least judging by what happened with SMU

Nebraska joins the raid.
May 21st, 2005: Star Miami Cornerback Kenny Jennings officially announces his transfer to Nebraska, stating that "It's time to revive the legend, gimme big red for my future!"

Soccer news
May 25th, 2005:
After 20 years of misery and impatience, Everton have won the Premier League in dramatic Fashion. Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester United, and Chelsea blew their opportunity to as the team with 73 points heading into March managed to win the title in an incredible story with only one game to spare. Alongside this news, this coincides with another investigation into FIFA's corruption, and it reveals that there were many bribes placed in UEFA and FIFA to FIX important events like the champions league, player signings, European Championships, and even the World Cup itself. This has lead to a crisis in the sport, with calls for the likes of Sepp Blatter and Gianni Infantino to be arrested under charges of corruption, bribery, and robbery of money from the likes of clubs from South America including Sao Paulo, Boca Juniors, and Once Caldas.

You gotta grow somewhere
True, but with the ACC being a basketball power, it’s tough for them. I could see the ACC bringing in someone like UCONN.

May 25th, 2005:
After 20 years of misery and impatience, Everton have won the Premier League in dramatic Fashion. Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester United, and Chelsea blew their opportunity to as the team with 73 points heading into March managed to win the title in an incredible story with only one game to spare. Alongside this news, this coincides with another investigation into FIFA's corruption, and it reveals that there were many bribes placed in UEFA and FIFA to FIX important events like the champions league, player signings, European Championships, and even the World Cup itself. This has lead to a crisis in the sport, with calls for the likes of Sepp Blatter and Gianni Infantino to be arrested under charges of corruption, bribery, and robbery of money from the likes of clubs from South America including Sao Paulo, Boca Juniors, and Once Caldas.
Just to note, the way I was writing this out was Everton were actually struggling more than they did. I like the earlier FIFA stuff though.

True, but with the ACC being a basketball power, it’s tough for them. I could see the ACC bringing in someone like UCONN.
Nah, the Big East is SET. Southern Miss and Southern Illinois are both looking like amazing additions and both have improved a lot, increasing the quality of the conference somehow.

Nah, the Big East is SET. Southern Miss and Southern Illinois are both looking like amazing additions and both have improved a lot, increasing the quality of the conference somehow.
I could see them going in the next realignment round in about a decade.

I could see them going in the next realignment round in about a decade.
Honestly, I don't think so. The conference just signed a 10 year deal with Fox to broadcast Big East Basketball and a further 10 year deal with ABC/ESPN for Big East Football games while I skipped between the 21st and 25th.

Honestly, I don't think so. The conference just signed a 10 year deal with Fox to broadcast Big East Basketball and a further 10 year deal with ABC/ESPN for Big East Football games while I skipped between the 21st and 25th.
Make that an official post so I can threadmark it.