An Age of Miracles Continues: The Empire of Rhomania

Alrighty here's a pretty rough version of the world map. I'll be doing work on some of the regions outside of europe which looks a bit iffy and I intend to do a comprehensive color key in the future. I've spent way more time on this than I'd like to admit but I think it's payed off. I want to give a thank you to everybody who gave me criticism that helped make this map more accurate than I could have done alone. I wish to give an extra special thank you to @Basileus444 for all of the amazing work he has done in this tl and inspiring me to make maps in the first place.
As always let me know how you think I can improve the map

Nv5dWWf.png

Last edited:
Alrighty here's a pretty rough version of the world map. I'll be doing work on some of the regions outside of europe which looks a bit iffy and I intend to do a comprehensive color key in the future. I've spent way more time on this than I'd like to admit but I think it's payed off. I want to give a thank you to everybody who gave me criticism that helped make this map more accurate than I could have done alone. I wish to give an extra special thank you to @Basileus444 for all of the amazing work he has done in this tl and inspiring me to make maps in the first place.

Nv5dWWf.png
I think it really needs to be said, watching your maps and graphics improve alongside the narrative has been quite remarkable and enjoyable. Your maps really add an extra touch that enhances @Basileus444's already superlative story.

I think it really needs to be said, watching your maps and graphics improve alongside the narrative has been quite remarkable and enjoyable. Your maps really add an extra touch that enhances @Basileus444's already superlative story.
Thank you so much! Its super satisfying looking at my oldest version of the map that i shared here and comparing it to my most recent one.

Attachments

• 9BDA4F68-0CA3-4523-8F3E-11209B6D68F5 (1).png
    9BDA4F68-0CA3-4523-8F3E-11209B6D68F5 (1).png
    58.5 KB · Views: 371
I think there was a pretty indepth update on it a while ago
Oh there definitely was. Basileus does a great job of building out the whole world. But at this point I'm pretty sure it was several months ago and I am definitely guilty of forgetting everything about those updates.

Nv5dWWf.png
What's the native Empire?

The large one in central and south ameria
That's the empire of Mexico. It was established by the youngest son of Andreas Nikitas (His name was david i think) and Arlitan merchants living in the Antilles colony. They're mostly native but a have a ton of Occitanian influence and some Roman as well. I can't remember what their capital is but i know it isn't Tenotchitlan. They have a huge silver industry in south America and ship it to the rest of the world through ports in Rhomania in the east although i think most of the silver goes to china

Last edited:
That's the empire of Mexico. It was established by the youngest son of Andreas Nikitas (His name was david i think) and Arlitan merchants living in the Antilles colony. They're mostly native but a have a ton of Occitanian influence and some Roman as well. I can't remember what their capital is but i know it isn't Tenotchitlan. They have a huge silver industry in south America and ship it to the rest of the world through ports in Rhomania in the east although i think most of the silver goes to china
I forgot there was a Roman tie there.

I wonder, it'd be a cool plot twist to see the blood of Andreas Nikitas return to the Throne of Caesars via the Empire of Mexico. A Sideroi-Nikitas Dynasty would be prestigious if it could hold itself to those two standards.

I forgot there was a Roman tie there.

I wonder, it'd be a cool plot twist to see the blood of Andreas Nikitas return to the Throne of Caesars via the Empire of Mexico. A Sideroi-Nikitas Dynasty would be prestigious if it could hold itself to those two standards.
Depends on how close Mexico and Romania are within a few decades. They were "friends" during Andreas III's time, but I don't think they'll be involved in European affairs or intermarry unless both the Sideroi and the Komnenoi need to work together against someone like the Triunes or the Spanish, requiring a lasting marriage-alliance.

I'm surprised that the Native Terranovan states north of Mexico were not added but this is the best map of An Age of Miracles we have so far (Again, thank goodness we have maps of this timeline).

Thank you @Frame for your work!

Depends on how close Mexico and Romania are within a few decades. They were "friends" during Andreas III's time, but I don't think they'll be involved in European affairs or intermarry unless both the Sideroi and the Komnenoi need to work together against someone like the Triunes or the Spanish, requiring a lasting marriage-alliance.

I'm surprised that the Native Terranovan states north of Mexico were not added but this is the best map of An Age of Miracles we have so far (Again, thank goodness we have maps of this timeline).

Thank you @Frame for your work!
I plan on adding more native states in the future don't you worry!

That's a great map!

I wonder who'll colonize Australia first.
Probably the Triunes, in my opinion. They have the politics to produce a lot of political prisoners or criminals, probably from poorer Northumbria, Wales, and Ireland dissatisfied with the King and his preference towards Antwerp, Paris, and London. Assuming it continues, it's the perfect conditions for a penal colony in my eyes who probably want tough, hardened laborers.

Cryostorm

Donor
Monthly Donor
Probably the Triunes, in my opinion. They have the politics to produce a lot of political prisoners or criminals, probably from poorer Northumbria, Wales, and Ireland dissatisfied with the King and his preference towards Antwerp, Paris, and London. Assuming it continues, it's the perfect conditions for a penal colony in my eyes who probably want tough, hardened laborers.
But will they have the need? The whole reason Britain did that with Australia the first time was because they lost the Thirteen Colonies, Georgia was originally the penal colony. Not to mention they have less presence in that region than OTL right now.

Cryostorm

Donor
Monthly Donor
Didn’t the Wu or something move to Australia?
They did but then collapsed. surviving upper class escaped to Indonesia and the area while the poorer groups intermixed and were absorbed into the aboriginal population. Going to give future anthropologists both a fascinating case study and a headache.