An Age of Miracles Continues: The Empire of Rhomania

I'd put my money on Colombo (Taprobane is the biggest Katepanate), Pahang (roughly in the middle) or Pyrgos (most important single city). New Constantinople is quite small, has little room to expand and is far away from the other Katepanates, located as it is in the southeastern corner of Rhomania-in-the-East.

I'd put my money on Colombo (Taprobane is the biggest Katepanate), Pahang (roughly in the middle) or Pyrgos (most important single city). New Constantinople is quite small, has little room to expand and is far away from the other Katepanates, located as it is in the southeastern corner of Rhomania-in-the-East.
Where is the exact location of each of these cities? I Know where New constantinople and pyrgos is but I don't know the the location of the other two other than it being on otl singapore and the one on india.

Umm... I did a little whoopsie. Pahang is no city, but a region. The capital of Roman Pahang is Pekan. Here's a map or two:
Pahang.png
250px-Pahang_in_Malaysia.svg.png

Me? Singapore. Logical central position to all of the Roman east.

I can't recall if anything is there, but if there isn't anything there, its a great position in Indonesia, defensible, and brand new - easy to create a majority-Roman population there, and right on the trade routes between India and China. I'd agree.

It might also work quite well considering the Exarchs position. Yes he has Imperial authority for his position, but not a lot of local power, and the position will need that to be respected in the City of Victory. A new city, the power base for an Exarch, detached from the rest of RITE, and able to exert authority regardless of a mandate from D3, that'd make for a suitable, and lasting Exarchate.

Will odysseus strike all the way to samarkand? I really like the thought of a Roman army marching into central Asia.
Seeing as the Sidori are ancestors of the Timurids i wouldn't be surprised if Odysseus wanted to visit it and perhaps re instate Timurid rule in the area

Cryostorm

Donor
Will odysseus strike all the way to samarkand? I really like the thought of a Roman army marching into central Asia.
Maybe as a joint naval invasion with Georgia and the Russias, but I doubt they could march an army through the breadth of Persia without a lot of unnecessary losses. Not a good idea for a martial emperor to do.

Cryostorm

Donor
Singapore or Pyrgos are my bets. Colombo is too far west, even if that makes it closer to Rhomania and there is a good argument to leave it semi-autonomous due to it's closeness to India, while New Constantinople is too small and isolated, easy to pick off.

Meanwhile Pyrgos is in what will likely be the jewel of Rhomania in the East, the Heraklions, and is by OTL measures a very good location for a city, though subject to typhoons. The Heraklions are also primed to be the manpower base of Rhomania in the East once it is consolidated and the population starts to really grow.

Singapore is probably the perfect location, at the heart of Rhomania in the East and the Malay people who we know are likely to be the most loyal Rhomans in the East. It can also be a planned city with no existing ties to any one region which helps keep the others from feeling subservient to a former ally/rival. It is also sitting on a spot that will be absolutely critical to future shipping and trade from East Asia to Europe/India/Africa.

Singapore or Pyrgos are my bets. Colombo is too far west, even if that makes it closer to Rhomania and there is a good argument to leave it semi-autonomous due to it's closeness to India, while New Constantinople is too small and isolated, easy to pick off.

Meanwhile Pyrgos is in what will likely be the jewel of Rhomania in the East, the Heraklions, and is by OTL measures a very good location for a city, though subject to typhoons. The Heraklions are also primed to be the manpower base of Rhomania in the East once it is consolidated and the population starts to really grow.

Singapore is probably the perfect location, at the heart of Rhomania in the East and the Malay people who we know are likely to be the most loyal Rhomans in the East. It can also be a planned city with no existing ties to any one region which helps keep the others from feeling subservient to a former ally/rival. It is also sitting on a spot that will be absolutely critical to future shipping and trade from East Asia to Europe/India/Africa.

Location Singapore is better.

Pyrgos manpower base is totally dependent on local food source(that includes transportation to in and from farms, ports and inlands). The Spanish in OTL never resolved this until 19th century. The population under Spain was stagnant for more than 200 years since the population of 1500s would be roughly the same or near 1700s.

There is also potential for gold rush(copper and silver as well) in Heraklions especially the Mountain province, Benguet area to prop up population. Although gold was being mined there since ancient times, the Igorot's resistance and lack of interest of the Spanish to fully conquer them and apply heavy mining in the islands in otl, there wasn't really any large scale mining until the 20th century. Just to give an idea on how large the potential could be, in OTL 20th century the islands produced more gold than California, but less than Alaska.

The advantage of the Romans over the Spanish would be infrastructure building(building roads to the mountains). And abundance of soldiers comfortable with 1000-3000m of mountain elevation.

However, it would be upto b444 since the Romans can totally ignore the gold, silver, copper at the Igorot lands just like the Spanish. But the mines are there, and the Igorots will trade or have been trading gold, silver and copper at the lowlands(in this case already controlled by the Romans who might have a curiosity for gold and silver).

However, it would be upto b444 since the Romans can totally ignore the gold, silver, copper at the Igorot lands just like the Spanish. But the mines are there, and the Igorots will trade or have been trading gold, silver and copper at the lowlands(in this case already controlled by the Romans who might have a curiosity for gold and silver).

When has anyone ever passed up gold and silver mines when they realize they’re ripe for the the taking? Some Ship Lord or another will realize that Controlling that land is well worth the cost. They might fail but I feel like since Rhomania in the East is so trade driven someone will eventually grab it.

Pyrgos manpower base is totally dependent on local food source(that includes transportation to in and from farms, ports and inlands). The Spanish in OTL never resolved this until 19th century. The population under Spain was stagnant for more than 200 years since the population of 1500s would be roughly the same or near 1700s.

There is also potential for gold rush(copper and silver as well) in Heraklions especially the Mountain province, Benguet area to prop up population. Although gold was being mined there since ancient times, the Igorot's resistance and lack of interest of the Spanish to fully conquer them and apply heavy mining in the islands in otl, there wasn't really any large scale mining until the 20th century. Just to give an idea on how large the potential could be, in OTL 20th century the islands produced more gold than California, but less than Alaska.

The advantage of the Romans over the Spanish would be infrastructure building(building roads to the mountains). And abundance of soldiers comfortable with 1000-3000m of mountain elevation.

Ah yes totally forgot that here in my home that apparently during our marcos regime they said that we have mountains of gold that can easily
be found even in river flowing. It still is true as far I can see and remember, there has been plenty of documents stating as such.

Spain was already getting a lot of gold and silver from her Latin American possessions. Not the case here.

Spain was already getting a lot of gold and silver from her Latin American possessions. Not the case here.
I believe that's because most of our indeginous tribes are not really on good terms with the spanish authorities. Persecutions, land grab and other things make it hard to completely map the locations of the specific gold deposits. That said during our marcos regime, where the economy was at its highest (the economy was nearly on par or on par with the value of dollar). They said the government authorities found a literal gold mine so much so that they had silenced entire people who know about it(executions and deportations). When the Peoples revolution came it was stated they took a majority of the wealth and/or closed or destroy the mines to make it impossible to get to.

Shame that Rome cant land on america but I guess they can launch an expedition to find those gold mines.

I believe that's because most of our indeginous tribes are not really on good terms with the spanish authorities. Persecutions, land grab and other things make it hard to completely map the locations of the specific gold deposits. That said during our marcos regime, where the economy was at its highest (the economy was nearly on par or on par with the value of dollar). They said the government authorities found a literal gold mine so much so that they had silenced entire people who know about it(executions and deportations). When the Peoples revolution came it was stated they took a majority of the wealth and/or closed or destroy the mines to make it impossible to get to.

Shame that Rome cant land on america but I guess they can launch an expedition to find those gold mines.

In a cost to benefit analysis the Greeks will have way more incentive than OTL Spain to control the gold mines, Whether that is by hopefully accommodating the locals or enough military expeditions and military settlers to completely control the area...

In a cost to benefit analysis the Greeks will have way more incentive than OTL Spain to control the gold mines, Whether that is by hopefully accommodating the locals or enough military expeditions and military settlers to completely control the area...
They already control the area, besides the orthodox missionary on the far east in this ttl is more mindful and respectful. As long as the roman authorities and the church respect the people living there, romanization is very doable. Considering alot of christian values are in line with our own old religion, the locals will be happy to accept Roman systemance of governance. After all the spanish conquest of the OTL Philippines was made easier by the similarities of religion and it's relative acceptance of assimilation.

Given time you'll see the Heraklion islands be a place of massive influx of manpower. And thats just the islands what more if you add the other katephano?