American Falklands War

MrP

Banned
Problem is Samoa could not maintain a military that could even hope to defeat the smallest american military counter-response. Its population is not any larger than Tonga (if I recall aright) and that Kingdom's entire military (large for such a small nation) doesn't even number 500 (exc reserves)-even if they put the entire adult population into the military I doubt Samoa could even think about it, unless the entire population went insane beforehand?

Sounds a bit like The Mouse that Roared. ;)

After reading about some of the incidents in Vietnam, where a company commander on the ground would have the battalion commander, the brigade commander, and the division commander in helicopters up above, all radioing down orders, or how the Grenada invasion was managed, I imagined a U.S. Falklands.

The supreme commander of the expeditionary force would be a four-star Coast Guard Admiral.

He would have a four-star deputy from each of the four services.

There would be a four-star Commander Ground, a four-star Commander Air, and a four-star Commander Marine.

There would be a three-star commander of each service.

There would be an Army Corps and a Marine Expeditionary Force, a numbered Air Force, and a Naval Task Force, each with a three-star commander.

There would be a three-star Commander Special Forces.

There would be a three-star Chief of Staff, with a three-star Deputy Chief of Staff from each of the other services.

And as for the lesser generals, the colonels, and so on down, all eager to get a combat entry on their service record, the stars in the sky would not be sufficient to number them; if all the seas were ink, there still would not be sufficient to pen all their names.

Well, maybe not, but there would be a lot of them.