America is Undiscovered

depending on how long you delay it well coastal Africa would be heavily colonized you might end up with alot less black people in Africa after being driven off land and conquered in a much more ruthless manner. You would also see a much more focused and driven reconquest of Northern Africa as well.

depending on how long you delay it well coastal Africa would be heavily colonized you might end up with alot less black people in Africa after being driven off land and conquered in a much more ruthless manner. You would also see a much more focused and driven reconquest of Northern Africa as well.

Like the man in The Graduate I have one word for you: Disease.

The reason Subsaharan africa is was little known and colonized by Europeans before the 19th century was how often they died. The only effective treatment for Malaria before the 20th century was found only in the Americas which will also have a big effect. European colonization would also take a very different turn in Subsaharan africa without the impetus of the American slave trade, it would probably be more gold and ivory based, and less brutal.

They wouldn't be colonizing Subsaharan territory where there are blacks, it would be North Africa where there are Arabs and oppressed Berbers. The Europeans of this era did not have the technology to colonize Sub-Saharan Africa... they could just establish coastal trading posts there.

They wouldn't be colonizing Subsaharan territory where there are blacks, it would be North Africa where there are Arabs and oppressed Berbers. The Europeans of this era did not have the technology to colonize Sub-Saharan Africa... they could just establish coastal trading posts there.

weird places like Angola were colonized first and the tropical diseases did not stop them

and South Africa as well

I also said coastal areas not inland

weird places like Angola were colonized first and the tropical diseases did not stop them

and South Africa as well

I also said coastal areas not inland

Angola was not colonized for a long time, there were just trading posts on the coast.
South Africa was trading posts on the coast for a long time too, and down there the people were at a stone-age technological level.

I don't think that a non-discover of America would lead to more colonization south of the Sahara. There were outposts there for centuries and AFAIK not a whole lot of people settled there. Which is why I think that North Africa would be the way to go.

Valdemar II

Banned
I think the South European specific the Iberians would colonise Mahgreb, while the North European would settle in Russia.

It was already late, ASB almost, the fall of Rome, the Black Death, the wars, etc. all delayed the discovery of America by most of Europe for way too long. The only way you could delay it would be a major conflict on the scale of the Mongos.