Alterntive History Armoured Fighting Vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delta Force

Banned
Would anyone he interested in a thread specific to post 1940s and 1950s armored vehicles and other military equipment? It seems to be a subject without many threads on it, especially considering how much research and change was taking place at the time.

Would anyone he interested in a thread specific to post 1940s and 1950s armored vehicles and other military equipment? It seems to be a subject without many threads on it, especially considering how much research and change was taking place at the time.

Sounds interesting.

Guys can someone here tell me what type of suspension was used on the TAS-44m? One source says it was a leafspring and another says torsion bar but it doesn't look like either of those to me.

Delta Force

Banned
Sounds interesting.

One for the Interwar Period might be something to consider as well. As far as the last century goes, the period between the World Wars and before the full onset of the Cold War really don't have that much discussion in general, but especially for military matters.

What about the T95 Medium Tank entering production in a mid-1950s rearmament scenario (no Korea, Secretary of Defense Johnson continues austerity)?

This is the T95E6, equipped with the 120 mm T123E6 gun:
It's one of those over-ambitious ultra-modern cutting-edge desing testbeds that didn't end up being all that much better than just retooling existing designs, of which there have been many over the years. The issue with those is that many of their design elements ended up being technological dead ends, like say the M60A2 Starship's gun, or are yet too untested and undeveloped to really be efficient enough for actual warfare. I doubt its introduction would have been to anyone's advantage.

Guys can someone here tell me what type of suspension was used on the TAS-44m? One source says it was a leafspring and another says torsion bar but it doesn't look like either of those to me.

Looking at the side view of the TAS-44M it certainly does not look like torsion bar suspension. The road wheels are grouped onto 3 x pairs of double bogies which, although somewhat larger, bear a striking resemblance to the bogies of the Panzer IV. The Panzer IV had leafspring suspension within its bogie set up and therefore, I suspect there is a good chance that the TAS-44M is the same.

I would follow it and post every so often in such a thread, but I'm work on that time frame at the moment would be more to ASB TLs I'm working on at the moment and not OTL stuff.

I enjoyed the Luftwaffe 1946 board and associated books.
I would like to see a similar version for armor, a Panzer 1946 type - that discussed the development and implementation of the E-series and the organization of the various Panzer arm formations.

Do we still take commissions?
I'd like a tank design that is relatively slow and light armoured, amphibious(can cross rivers), useful at hill warfare - perhaps an attached howitzer.
Designed with interwar technology.

I enjoyed the Luftwaffe 1946 board and associated books.
I would like to see a similar version for armor, a Panzer 1946 type - that discussed the development and implementation of the E-series and the organization of the various Panzer arm formations.
We've done several 1946-ish Panzer designs and Claymore has built both a Panther-III & Tiger-III. You can find a link to his completed models thread at the bottom of all his posts.

I'd like a tank design that is relatively slow and light armoured, amphibious(can cross rivers), useful at hill warfare - perhaps an attached howitzer.
Interesting, I'll give it some thought.

so something like the OTL LVT(A)-4 which carries a 75mm howitzer

A quick redesign of an old pic of mine, just added the propeller from a Schwimmwagon and chopped the barrel off a Russian howitzer.
Zeppelinair feel free to ask for any changes.

ZpAr-x.png

A quick redesign of an old pic of mine, just added the propeller from a Schwimmwagon and chopped the barrel off a Russian howitzer.
Zeppelinair feel free to ask for any changes.

Firstly, thanks for the quick response.
Secondly, what's closer to what I had in mind is something like this with heavier guns(obviously almost minimal armour) and a howitzer.
So there ya go.

Firstly, thanks for the quick response.
Secondly, what's closer to what I had in mind is something like this with heavier guns(obviously almost minimal armour) and a howitzer.
So there ya go.

A quick down and dirty Light Amphibious tank with a 37mm howitzer in an open topped/backed casemate...

Amphibious 37mm Howitzer.png

Status
Not open for further replies.