Alternative History Armoured Fighting Vehicles Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something from days gone by...

Rummaging through one of my many spares boxes, I came across this fellow. In the days before my AH AFV obsession, long, long ago in a pre-kids existence (35 years ago to be exact), I dabbled in all things to do with 1/35 scale armoured vehicles; jumping from one model kit to another like a leaping gazelle with no particular focus or vision as to a theme to build towards or any particular end state. However, I had decided where I was going to start - an armoured knight on horseback.

Brave Sir Boris started life on a simple, open field diorama but, I guess, at some point during one of my many moves, courtesy of the RAF, he parted company with his base and hence spent 25 years or so being battered from pillar to post in my spares/must-get-round-to-fixing-it box. Whilst looking for figures for Petikes's Romfell Armoured Car V2.0 who should fall into my lap - well actually it was his trusty steed, Buttercup, followed eventually by all the other component bits of Boris himself. This got me to thinking that perhaps Sir Boris's excile was up for review and that payroll was probably due.

Given the dynamic duo's troubled past, I thought it fitting to keep his slightly battered patina (so no new paint) but did give them a fresh coat of varnish and looked out a suitable wooden base to show them off. So, here they are back on display as an early AH AFV. ‘How so‘, I hear you say - well, Sir Boris is now wearing Kevlar underpants!

Late 1.jpg

Late 2.jpg

Last edited:
Something from days gone by...

Rummaging through one of my many spares boxes, I came across this fellow. In the days before my AH AFV obsession, long, long ago in a pre-kids existence (35 years ago to be exact), I dabbled in all things to do with 1/35 scale armoured vehicles; jumping from one model kit to another like a leaping gazelle with no particular focus or vision as to a theme to build towards or any particular end state. However, I had decided where I was going to start - an armoured knight on horseback.

Brave Sir Boris started life on a simple, open field diorama but, I guess, at some point during one of my many moves, courtesy of the RAF, he parted company with his base and hence spent 25 years or so being battered from pillar to post in my spares/must-get-round-to-fixing-it box. Whilst looking for figures for Petikes's Romfell Armoured Car V2.0 who should fall into my lap - well actually it was his horse Buttercup, followed eventually by all the other component bits of Boris. This got me to thinking that perhaps Sir Boris's excile was up for review and that payroll was probably due.

Given the dynamic duo's troubled past, I thought it fitting to keep his slightly battered patina (so no new paint) but did give him a fresh coat of varnish and looked out a suitable wooden base to show them off. So, here they are back on display as an early AH AFV. ‘How so‘, I hear you say - well, Sir Boris is now wearing Kevlar underpants!

View attachment 858751

View attachment 858752
Lol!
If you really want to make him AH, strap a panzerfaust over his shoulder. :cool:

Ramontxo

Donor
A one horse powered AFV!
If only someone had looked at the Arsuf battle... You let the enemy (light) AFVs crash once and again against your (buried) infantry and its defenses. And once they are tired, out of breath (petrol) and fixed you launch your own armoured forces... And if it seems to you similar to Rommel recipe, lasai it is because so it is.

Last edited:
Lol!
If you really want to make him AH, strap a panzerfaust over his shoulder. :cool:
Reminds me of a photo I saw somewhere of a German cavalryman carrying Panzerfausts in a special saddlebag.
The picture seemed legit and it would make sense as horses can move thru forest areas and ambush enemy convoys driving on the edge of the forest.

Reminds me of a photo I saw somewhere of a German cavalryman carrying Panzerfausts in a special saddlebag.
The picture seemed legit and it would make sense as horses can move thru forest areas and ambush enemy convoys driving on the edge of the forest.

Polish Cavalry were issued anti-tank rifles as well, there are probably some pictures out there.

Actually, if you look at Sir Boris, he is clearly casting some disparaging remark back at his long-suffering man servant ‘Baldrick’, who is no doubt struggling along after him with said panzerfausts, AT rifle, mini-gun, (edit: holy hand grenade of Antioch, turnip) and a couple of half coconut shells. 😉

Last edited:
Actually, if you look at Sir Boris, he is clearly casting some disparaging remark back at his long-suffering man servant ‘Baldrick’, who is no doubt struggling along after him with said panzerfausts, AT rifle, mini-gun and a couple of half coconut shells. 😉
and a turnip!

Driftless

Donor
From a FB "What if group" I believe the builder to be Gary Joll (nice piece of modelling)

If you don't have access to FB, this is an updated Alvis Saladin with a Rarden cannon and a missle launcher on the side of the turret

384100224_10160173002314332_7285450838557592316_n.jpg

From a FB "What if group" I believe the builder to be Gary Joll (nice piece of modelling)

If you don't have access to FB, this is an updated Alvis Saladin with a Rarden cannon and a missle launcher on the side of the turret

384100224_10160173002314332_7285450838557592316_n.jpg
can i have the link to the group please ?

Status
Not open for further replies.