Alternative History Armoured Fighting Vehicles Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... Would anyone want to try their hand at scratch-building or kit-bashing an ATL multi-variant version of the Romfell armoured car ?

Even a paper model would be lovely, it doesn't need to be a model kit.

I know I made you some grandiose promises a while back (quite a while back actually) but then my work/life situation took me off on a different track with the consequence that several build projects were put on long-term hold. Well, now I am back home and retired so am now a little more in control of my life - Mrs Claymore permitting!

So, let me take another look…

I know I made you some grandiose promises a while back (quite a while back actually) but then my work/life situation took me off on a different track with the consequence that several build projects were put on long-term hold. Well, now I am back home and retired so am now a little more in control of my life - Mrs Claymore permitting!

So, let me take another look…
Thank you, but it's not really that important to me who tries their hand at building such a model, nor even whether such a model is built at all. :)

If someone wants a challenge, they can try, but it's a wholly optional challenge.

Thank you, but it's not really that important to me who tries their hand at building such a model, nor even whether such a model is built at all. :)

If someone wants a challenge, they can try, but it's a wholly optional challenge.

Understood, but if I do decide to build your Alt-Romfell Armoured Car, I am likely only going to build one variant - but probably with interchangeable turrets. So the big question is, would you rather the 4-wheel or 6-wheel variant? My personal preference would be the 6-wheeler as it represents the greatest change from the original Romfell vehicle and, therefore, is the most AH. Thoughts?

Understood, but if I do decide to build your Alt-Romfell Armoured Car, I am likely only going to build one variant - but probably with interchangeable turrets. So the big question is, would you rather the 4-wheel or 6-wheel variant? My personal preference would be the 6-wheeler as it represents the greatest change from the original Romfell vehicle and, therefore, is the most AH. Thoughts?
Six-wheeler, because it's more ATL. ;)

8 wheel articulated (or even 12 wheel lol)

What about a centipede-wheeled vehicle?
IMG_4960.jpeg

super_semple_by_jlvfr_dg6m7pf-375w-2x.jpg

The "Super Semple" or "Super Bob Semple" was a further development of the famous "Bob Semple tank". Trying to upgrade it's firepower and mobility, and eyeing the TOG project, the new version was created by building a new hull of increased height, width and lengh. A new engine was installed and a turret "borrowed" from the australian Sentinel tank program. Unable to created a full-lengh track system, the final solution was to sligthly lengthen the original tracks and then use two sets per side. The new model now had a mass of over 30 tons and required 10 men to operate, being armed with a 6dpr gun and 7 machine guns.

On it's first mobility test, the tank managed to move only 15km in one hour, before the transmission broke down and the engine overheated. While trying out repairs, it was decided to test the turret and the main gun. The first 3 shots, firing forward, appeared to go well, despite causing considerable vibration to the whole tank. However, when firing with the turret traversed 90º to the side, 2 shots were enough to cause structural damage to the turret mount and the entire tank structure around it. The tests were stopped, the programm being latter terminated.
I like it! Interesting and original.
On more than one occasion I've drawn up designs that we're not successful designs but ones fraught with problems and technical difficulties.

Status
Not open for further replies.