Alternative History Armoured Fighting Vehicles Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
super_semple_by_jlvfr_dg6m7pf-375w-2x.jpg

The "Super Semple" or "Super Bob Semple" was a further development of the famous "Bob Semple tank". Trying to upgrade it's firepower and mobility, and eyeing the TOG project, the new version was created by building a new hull of increased height, width and lengh. A new engine was installed and a turret "borrowed" from the australian Sentinel tank program. Unable to created a full-lengh track system, the final solution was to sligthly lengthen the original tracks and then use two sets per side. The new model now had a mass of over 30 tons and required 10 men to operate, being armed with a 6dpr gun and 7 machine guns.

On it's first mobility test, the tank managed to move only 15km in one hour, before the transmission broke down and the engine overheated. While trying out repairs, it was decided to test the turret and the main gun. The first 3 shots, firing forward, appeared to go well, despite causing considerable vibration to the whole tank. However, when firing with the turret traversed 90º to the side, 2 shots were enough to cause structural damage to the turret mount and the entire tank structure around it. The tests were stopped, the programm being latter terminated.

The "Super Semple" or "Super Bob Semple" was a further development of the famous "Bob Semple tank". Trying to upgrade it's firepower and mobility, and eyeing the TOG project, the new version was created by building a new hull of increased height, width and lengh. A new engine was installed and a turret "borrowed" from the australian Sentinel tank program. Unable to created a full-lengh track system, the final solution was to sligthly lengthen the original tracks and then use two sets per side. The new model now had a mass of over 30 tons and required 10 men to operate, being armed with a 6dpr gun and 7 machine guns.

On it's first mobility test, the tank managed to move only 15km in one hour, before the transmission broke down and the engine overheated. While trying out repairs, it was decided to test the turret and the main gun. The first 3 shots, firing forward, appeared to go well, despite causing considerable vibration to the whole tank. However, when firing with the turret traversed 90º to the side, 2 shots were enough to cause structural damage to the turret mount and the entire tank structure around it. The tests were stopped, the programm being latter terminated.
The perfect tank for Elbonia.

Well, at least it was influential enough to be the ancestor of the mammoth tank.

It needs more turrets. Yes, we really do want the A1E1 Semple Independent.

That bit about driving 15km before breakdown reminds me of the story of the Texan Rancher visiting his rural cousin (sometimes a New Zealand cousin).

The boastful Texan says '"It takes me three days to drive across my ranch"

The cousin looks a him for a bit and then says
"I've got a car like that..."

It needs more turrets. Yes, we really do want the A1E1 Semple Independent.

That bit about driving 15km before breakdown reminds me of the story of the Texan Rancher visiting his rural cousin (sometimes a New Zealand cousin).

The boastful Texan says '"It takes me three days to drive across my ranch"

The cousin looks a him for a bit and then says
"I've got a car like that..."
Based on an old Australia joke. An American GI boasts about his home state of Texas, "It's so large it takes a train three days to cross it!" To which an Australian digger listening replies, "Yeah, we got trains that slow as well..." ;)

Not bad, but missing an RWS with an MG/grenade launcher, smoke dispensers, and maybe Trophy-like APS. Oh, and the SAM system can be a dual type, like the Pantsir, with one or two cannons.
Never enough dakka, after all. But is a very good start/effort, I give you that.

Based on an old Australia joke. An American GI boasts about his home state of Texas, "It's so large it takes a train three days to cross it!" To which an Australian digger listening replies, "Yeah, we got trains that slow as well..." ;)

My wife has German relatives and when we were stationed over there they went on a trip to the US (New York) and wanted to know if they could visit Disney LAND while they were there. Wife had to get out the old school atlas and show comparable sizes :)

Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.