Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another from my 2016/2020 TL in my sig:

7750873.jpg

are you sure the popular votes for both sides is correct?

Should be pretty close. In the TL there's a candidate who gets around 3.5% of the vote via write-ins due to events that happen prior to the election. The actual number of voters should be about right based on 2008 - at last according to Wikipedia.

Two more baseball infoboxes. These aren't necessarily in the same universe.

The first one is if Michael Jordan had pursued a career as a baseball player (as his dad apparently wanted him to do) instead of basketball. The second is Satchel Paige if the majors were never segregated (this is the same premise that my Josh Gibson infobox).

2basewiki.png

Love the baseball infoboxes caedus. Only one issue: Jordan was originally a pitcher when he started out, and only became an outfielder in his time with the White Sox in '94; Though I do realize the impossibility of finding Jordan in a pitcher's uniform!:p

Jordan in this version is one hell of a baseball player. But you know what the argument against him would be?

"He never won a ring!!!"

Love the baseball infoboxes caedus. Only one issue: Jordan was originally a pitcher when he started out, and only became an outfielder in his time with the White Sox in '94; Though I do realize the impossibility of finding Jordan in a pitcher's uniform!:p

Jordan in this version is one hell of a baseball player. But you know what the argument against him would be?

"He never won a ring!!!"

Yeah, I knew that. It was a combination of laziness and handwavium that made me have Jordan be an outfielder instead of a pitcher.

I figured that Jordan's insane dedication and natural athleticism would make him a great baseball player, but not the best, like he's naturally cited to be with regards to pro basketball.

I know. :p Personally, I don't get why that's such a big criticism with regards to players of any team sport, since you can be a benchwarmer who got all five minutes of playing time in the season and as long as your team wins a ring, you've "won a ring", but if you put up insane numbers and push your terrible team into mediocre territory, it doesn't matter, since you never won a ring.

List of the Presidents of the American Commonwealth.
From Jared Ingersoll to Rick Santorum, 40 Presidents in all.

Scenario made by moi, but the infobox itself was made by Tim Thomason, which I am grateful for. Hope you enjoy it. More info on the scenario is in the "List of Presidents and Prime Ministers" thread in After 1900.
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/488/turquoisecommwealth.png

It is an interesting list however there were a bit too many vice-presidents who became presidents in it for me. A lot of times the men who obtain the vice-presidency have their political future capped or at least in OTL.

It is an interesting list however there were a bit too many vice-presidents who became presidents in it for me. A lot of times the men who obtain the vice-presidency have their political future capped or at least in OTL.

That's true, of course, and I noticed it as well. It seems early on, beginning with the Pinckney's, that the Vice Presidency as a step to the Presidency became a precedent. Like Secretary of State in OTL was for awhile, and like the Vice Presidency was intended to be.

I gather, with the Constitutional changes early on, that the VP was strengthened somehow and carried with it some powers that made it a viable office to hold. So instead of using it for behind-the-scenes power brokers and party balancing, the Vice Presidential candidate had to be an experienced and capable political force.

Out of 47 Vice Presidents, 19 became President (8 elected directly into office, 2 elected years later, and 9 ascended due to succession issues). In OTL, out of a coincidental 47 Vice Presidents, 14 became President (4 elected directly into office, 1 elected years later, and 9 ascended due to succession issues).

That doesn't seem that far off to me. Especially since over 5 Vice Presidents tried and failed to run for the Presidency just in the last 60 years.

Here's a list of prime ministers of the UK since 1935 from my American Commonwealth game.

Note that parliaments that were hung before the adoption of STV in 1990 are denoted by a "§".

ukpm.png

That's true, of course, and I noticed it as well. It seems early on, beginning with the Pinckney's, that the Vice Presidency as a step to the Presidency became a precedent. Like Secretary of State in OTL was for awhile, and like the Vice Presidency was intended to be.

I gather, with the Constitutional changes early on, that the VP was strengthened somehow and carried with it some powers that made it a viable office to hold. So instead of using it for behind-the-scenes power brokers and party balancing, the Vice Presidential candidate had to be an experienced and capable political force.

Out of 47 Vice Presidents, 19 became President (8 elected directly into office, 2 elected years later, and 9 ascended due to succession issues). In OTL, out of a coincidental 47 Vice Presidents, 14 became President (4 elected directly into office, 1 elected years later, and 9 ascended due to succession issues).

That doesn't seem that far off to me. Especially since over 5 Vice Presidents tried and failed to run for the Presidency just in the last 60 years.
You are correct. In the American Commonwealth, the VP, is the second most powerful position. To get there will be a great pride for many politicans, even if they dont become President.

Status
Not open for further replies.