Alternate pets

Diamond said:
Did you ever see that special, "The Future is Wild" on the Discovery Channel? It postulated a race of intelligent, tool-using, arboreal octopi taking over mankind's rung on the food-chain after we go extinct. Totally OT, but your post reminded me of it.

I've got the book based on the series. It has some pretty far out stuff in it and postulates a couple of different types of intelligences. Fun reading and some interesting ideas. Great artwork.

A friend of mine tried to keep a tarantula as a pet once. His sister complained to his mother, and his mother complained to him. He answered the spider was less venomous than his sister. Wrong thing to say; the spider had to go.

Guilherme Loureiro said:
A friend of mine tried to keep a tarantula as a pet once. His sister complained to his mother, and his mother complained to him. He answered the spider was less venomous than his sister. Wrong thing to say; the spider had to go.

Yeah, but it's not everyday you get handed a straight line like that. Pretty much a fair trade. ;)

Anyone ever read the article in "The Onion" about Gerald Ford's pet rock dying? Again, off topic, but it reminded me of it...

Guilherme Loureiro said:
Nope, they wouldn't be an asset - they're bound to do as much harm to you as to the enemy.

Actually, I overstate my case; not all hamsters are mean(in fact, the mean ones might only be a small minority), but those that are are surprisingly unpleasant to deal with, far more than their size would indicate.

Guess I'll have to stick with the cloned Russell Crowe's then.

Abdul Hadi Pasha said:
It seems to me that this would be exactly the same as cloned giant hamsters.

Why would I need to clone the hamsters? All I'd need to do is to go to my local pet shop, buy a crate of hamsters and then take them home and get out the red kyptonite.

Anyway the Russell Crowes are more mindlessly aggresive and they will pick a fight with anything you point them at.

On the other hand the hamsters wouldn't try to get into the pants of your wife/fiancee/girlfriend and I'd never have to worry about them writing any poetry let alone reciting it.

mmmm...

I wonder if gerbils would be a happy medium, where do they stand in the evil rodent league table?

If what I heard is correct, gerbils are every bit as active as squirrels, so they should be a pretty mischievous bunch.

BTW, that cloned actor idea is just nasty. The image of an army of cloned Steven Seagals just came to my mind....

SurfNTurfStraha said:
thats a waste of perfectly good hamsters! hamsters go well fried or in a stew.

I showed this to Prototype 01 and you now owe me a new wall, (same one I lost in the cheese incident as well). Please make sure to pay before P-01 reaches your house.

Straha

Banned
oh and bythe way P-01 got consumed by my goomba who says that "hamsters with nacho cheese are good" and also by the way the edam,gouda and gorgonzola escaped from the fridge when I opened it to get some pizza because I had munchies...

goomba.jpg

giant hamsters... hey, we could use them to solve the energy crisis. Build giant hamster wheels for them, hook the wheels up to generators, and voila... power galore. Instead of messy gas or coal, all you have to use for fuel is hamster food (whatever it is they eat)....