Alternate Non-military vehicles thread

I noticed there wasn't a thread for anything like this yet. Premise is what it says on the tin: post your alternate train/plane/automobile etc. designs. It can even be new modes of transportation that don't exist IOTL. I'll start with a few alternate locomotives, the first being what I call a DD70ACe-x2, basically a rebuilt DDA40X with two 12 cylinder 710G prime movers producing 6,300 total horsepower.
yCmNTCx.png

The second one is a WIP. It's a Milwaukee Road S-4, sort of a cross between the S-3s and Class As. It has a 4-8-4 wheel arrangement, 84 inch drivers, is rated at 4,700 HP, and has a top speed of 135 MPH.
hTU1D1C.png

Finally, here's the Class A I used sort of as a template for the above. I'll be converting both into pixel art closer to the looks of the first one.
zuFvIbD.jpg

@TheBatman Nice trains ! :)

I did make a thread about alternate civilian vehicles, already years ago. Quite successful, but short-lived. Feel free to use some of the tags added to that thread - it could make this one more popular, if people are currently looking for stuff on AH civilian vehicles.

Just yesterday, I started work on some alternate airship designs. I'll share them when I'm finished. The idea is of old-fashioned civilian zeppelins, but ones built with the added steampunk equivalents of the features used in modern, experimental hybrid airships (especially when it comes to propulsion device placements). I call these alternate zeppelins "aeronavs". Though these designs are intended for a fantasy world, it's by and large an alternate Earth, so it's not that non-AH. (And technologically, it very much is AH, as HAs with ersatz 19th century tech didn't happen in OTL.)

Speaking of airships, here are some great airship artworks from the other threads in this forum (with links to posts and attribution):

airship-two-final-jpg.58654

Kingdom of Bohemia airship (possibly a semi-rigid) - (C) 2008 euio

mohammed-zeppelin-png.52634

"Will of the Sultan" Ottoman rigid airship - (C) 2008 LinghtInfa

airship1-jpg.71133

Promotional poster for French rigid airship airlines to New York, Fight and Be Right timeline - (C) 2009 EdT (also here)

Have some train and railways promotion as well:

sahara-poster-jpg.98353

Promotional poster for the French Trans-Saharan Railway, Fight and Be Right timeline - (C) 2009 EdT (also here)

%C4%8Csd-advert-for-sm-500-chrochtadlo-railcars-smaller-image-png.342208

%C4%8Csd-advert-for-sm-500-chrochtadlo-railcars-weathered-smaller-image-png.342209

Promotional poster for the SM 500 'Chrochtadlo' ('Grunter') diesel multiple unit railcars of the communist era Czechoslovak Railways (prototypes in OTL, but never made it to standard service as the proposed Series 860 DMUs) - (2013) Petike

Hope you like these finds, including that older ATL poster work by me. :)

Okay, so I'll share some more ATL civilian vehicle artwork from the many, many talented people on AH.com. :cool: :)

YPC-1 smaller.png

Sadly, I am not sure who made this first one, a wonderful trolleybus poster. :( If you can figure it out, please let me know and I'll add the needed attribution.

polish_belriot_xi_by_jeremak_j.png

Blériot XII monoplane of the Congress Kingdom of Poland - (C) 2010 Jeremak (who posts quite often on AH.com, just less)

polish_farman_iv_by_jeremak_j.png

Farman IV biplane of the Congress Kingdom of Poland - (C) 2010 Jeremak

beech18small-png.192754

Beechcraft 18 local airliner in Just Leo's personal livery - (C) 2012 Just Leo

avroc102small-png.197194

Avro Canada C-102 Jetliner in various liveries - (C) 2013 Just Leo

vwnqqNE.png

Ilyushin IL-62 jetliner of Finnair - (C) 2013 Aesir (also here)

eagle-airways-supersonic-airliner-tl-191-after-the-end-png.195232

Eagle Airways ad from the early 80s of TL-191 (David Bar Elias' TL-191: After the End) - (C) 2013 Petike

narragansettair-png.176701

Narragansett Air passenger airliners - (C) 2012 VT45 (also here)
canadian-shuttle-png.145672

Canadian space shuttle (Royal Canadian Space Agency) - (C) 2011 Ming777 and wingman

----

For those interested, here's some of the ATL profile art of the Lockheed L-2000 I found years ago at the now-defunct website Airlinebuzz, using the TWA one as my template for the TL-191 plane ad:

l2000sst_twastarstream-jpg.342521

l2000sst_panam-jpg.342519

l2000sst_delta-jpg.342520

Please don't visit the aforementioned site (Airlinebuzz), where I originally found these. It seems to be damaged or attacked nowadays, so I don't want anyone having a bad experience after accessing it. God knows what happened to it, it was a normal forum just some 5 years ago. You have the profiles preserved here, so you don't need to look for them. Good thing I saved them to my hard drive years back. :)

----

I hope you not only liked this particular selection of artworks from the recent past, but also have ideas for your own contributions.

I think my next post will be about unusual road and rail vehicles from OTL history. Ones that were meant to test out various propulsion and configuration concepts while motorism and railways were still in their infancy. Stay tuned.

Last edited: