Alternate History Quotes

"The lion will shred through the web."- Malik Bahadur, after musing to himself about an old Ethiopian proverb in my Cardamom Dreams TL.

"Hello, it is very nice to meet you. You look well today doctor."

-The first thing said by BluThought the first true AI.

Last edited:
Yesterday, December seventh 1941 The United States was suddenly and deliberately attacked by the Naval and Air forces of the empire of Japan. Today, Japanese forces have Invaded American soil. These are the days that will live in Infamy.
President Franklin D. Roosevelt. December 8 1941. Commenting on the attack on Pearl Harbor and the Japanese Invasion of the Hawaiian Islands.

Today's the day!
Message sent by American president Mitch Kladivo (D-TX) to general Mateo Garcia, ordering the invasion of North Korea on December 2, 2045.

"With my signature, I hereby sign nothing less than the self-dissolution of the behemoth we used to call Prussia. Its provinces will become lands as they were always supposed to be."

Reichspräsident Konrad Adenauer about the Reich Reorganization Act of 1954 or "Law Regarding The Dissolution Of The Free State Of Prussia And The Reorganization Of Its Provinces Into Self-Reliant Lands".

"A strong body is a symptom of a disciplined mind"

Joesph Stalin famous Russian body builder.

(note disciplined is sometimes translated as "well ordered")

"Today we stand victors over a third of the globe! With the heavenly sovereign as our guide, the Yamato people's natural superiority as our tool, and the infinite wealth of Beikoku prefecture* as our energy, let us build a great Asia and assume our rightful place as masters of the free world! What man can change destiny?"
--Reiji Hatanaka, Prime Minister of the Greater East Asian Empire, giving a speech to a crowd of several hundred thousand in Jūkei, Shisen-shō prefecture minutes before the Torii Center in Keijō, the tallest building in the world, was destroyed by Chinese nationalists in 1986 during the largest coordinated terrorist bombing in history. This killed thousands of Japanese and Korean workers and prompted massive military operations against rebels in Un'nan and Shinkyō prefectures and a re-militarization of the East.

*OTL eastern half of the DRC. The name 米国 "rice country" in TTL refers to this area, not the US. Made into a prefecture in 1947, when its capital 米街 (Beimachi- "rice town", OTL Lubumbashi and the third largest city in Africa) was fully rebuilt.

Last edited:
"A strong body is a symptom of a disciplined mind"

Joesph Stalin famous Russian body builder.

(note disciplined is sometimes translated as "well ordered")

"Give me four years to teach the children and the seed of fitness I have sown will never be uprooted. Give us the child for 8 years and it will be a muscleman forever."

Vladmir Uyanov (1870-1948), Famous Russian bodybuilder in the introduction to his and Stalin's famous self help novel, "The Five Year Plan".

I know, I couldn't resist. :p

"The Threats Fascism possed to Europe during the war were great, one we worked to get rid of. over 5 years of bloody senseless war later, we did, but now, a Iron Curtain has been draped over Europe, the true threat now, is Communism, we must work to contain it, or it will consume us all"

Adolf Hitler, 1946, Reverse Cold War

Another funny one. :D:p

george-bush-as-russian-general-portrait.jpg

"You are either with us, or you are with the Tories."

George W. Bush, Commander of the Continental Army and First President of the United States, circa 1778.

"Underpaid, undersexed, and under here."

Said by a British citizen remarking on the strictly disciplined forces of the Theocratic States of America, a force notable for its subterranean weaponry, upon their arrival in Britain to help them fight the Spanish and French, both backed by the Papal States.

"Survival first. Reestablishment second. But what the hell, let's take Fort Knox!"

- "General" Mike Huey speaking to Colonel Andrew Watsky about retaking Fort Knox in my TL, The Colonel--Take 2.

Did i fight for what I came to realize was the wrong side? yes. Did I commit crimes against Humanity? yes. Am i unrepentant? No, not by any stretch of the imagination. It is for this reason that I plead Guilty, may god have mercy on my soul.
-Irwin Rommel, August 15 1946. Pleading guilty at the Nuremberg Trials.

Did i fight for what I came to realize was the wrong side? yes. Did I commit crimes against Humanity? yes. Am i unrepentant? No, not by any stretch of the imagination. It is for this reason that I plead Guilty, may god have mercy on my soul.
-Irwin Rommel, August 15 1946. Pleading guilty at the Nuremberg Trials.

How dare you disgrace the Desert Fox! :eek:

"Are you prepared to take the oath, Senator?"

"I am. ...I, John Forbes Kerry, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

"Congratulations, Mr. President."

-Exchange between President-elect John Kerry (2005-2013) and Chief Justice William Rehnquist on January 20, 2005.

"I promise to you, the American people, a continuation of good government."
- Prime Minister Scott Brown (Con-South Massachusetts) in the 2015 general election debates, upon being asked what he will promise for the future.

"Liberal stands for Liberty, Integrity, Boldness, Encouragement, Readiness, And Liberal."
- Leader of the Opposition Brian Schweitzer (Lib-Montana) in the 2015 general election debates, upon being asked what Liberal stands for.

"A lot of people may attack me for being a so-called traitor to my father's name. However, he would approve that I am carving out my own career, not profiting off his. That is what he ultimately wanted, for everybody to strike out and establish their own path. We disagreed about a lot of things, but not this!"
- Parliamentary Leader Ron Reagan (SDP-Seattle) in the 2015 general election debates, after being accused of betraying his father's name.

"I disagree with Prime Minister Brown about a few key issues, but those issues did not affect what was on the table, so we arranged an coalition government. Five years later, I do not regret it. We stood up for individual rights to liberty, while also standing up against big bankers and the creeping onslaught of crony capitalism."
- Deputy Prime Minister Gary Johnson (Lbt-Taos) in the 2015 general election debates, after being queried about the coalition government's achievements.

"Unlike the Social Democrats, we do not sell out our beliefs to Liberals. We keep firm to our beliefs of social democracy and Green ideology."
- Parliamentary Leader Jill Stein (Grn-Allston-Brighton) in the 2015 general election debates, after being asked the difference between the Soc Dems and Greens.

"America's moral majority is being silenced. Stand up, and vote for American Heritage, the only party that stands up for the moral majority!"
- Parliamentary Leader Tom Tancredo (AmH-Denver-Littleton) in the 2015 general election debates. This was treated as a gaffe, since it sounded so much like a slogan.