Alternate History: Japan Ally of United States during WW2

Did a little searching and found the title. 2009:Lost Memories Very interesting, just wish they had a map! en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Lost_Memories

yeah it's a good movie. There are some inconsistencies though: the map on the wall of the JBI includes the Phillippines (unlikely, as no war between the US and Japan is ever mentioned as having occured) and there's roman script everywhere despite Japan winning the war (so I would guess Asia would have less Western influence)

so I'm guessing WWII is Germany, USSR, and China vs US, UK, Japan, Italy, et al. That would kinda make sense except for the war beginning in 1936. I'd think the war would have to begin after the Nazi-Soviet Pact...of course the Nazis might come to power slightly earlier in this TL.

Japan had a little quarrel with the Russian army in the late 30's which appeared to have put them off a longer conflict with the Soviet Union.

However it would have been more plausible to imagine Zeros flying over SIberia attacking Soviet Prison

Regiments in the snow, than Japan being an ally of the USA.

A possible scenario might have been a pact between Japan and Germany to attack the USSR in 1940 or 1941. And Japan doing all it could to remain neutral with the Americans.

How would that change the war?

Japan had a little quarrel with the

A possible scenario might have been a pact between Japan and Germany to attack the USSR in 1940 or 1941. And Japan doing all it could to remain neutral with the Americans.

How would that change the war?

but the movie explicity says that the US defeated Germany by dropping an Atomic bomb on Berlin and that the US and Japan had fought as allies. So the US and Japan would at least have to be allies against the USSR and probably China (the Soviets were close to the Chinese Nationalists in the 20s and 30s, a fact that is often forgotten). Japan probably couldn't have done much against Germany anyway, being on the opposite side of Eurasia.