Alternate History Combat Aircraft

Finalized version of the
Hughes HA-08 with a GSh-30-2 based Gast principle type 30mm autocannon
Also now has Dive breaks on the pylons
Hughes HA -08 - Radials.gif

Powerplant 2 Winston W3800 Twin Falcon 18 cylinder 2,000hp radial engines (1)
  • Guns:
    • 1× twin barreled 1.18inch (30mm) Tredegar Automatic Cannon (TAC) with 1,174 rounds rounds
    • 4x0.5 caliber heavy machineguns located in the Collings of the propellers
  • Rockets: 4× M10 three-tube 4.5 in (112 mm) M8 rocket launchers; or:
  • Bombs:
    • Inner hardpoints:
      • 2× 2,000 lb (907 kg) bombs or drop tanks; or
      • 2× 1,000 lb (454 kg) bombs or drop tanks, plus either
        • 4× 500 lb (227 kg) bombs or
        • 4× 250 lb (113 kg) bombs; or
      • 6× 500 lb (227 kg) bombs; or
      • 6× 250 lb (113 kg) bombs
    • Outer hardpoints:
      • 10× 5 in (127 mm) HVARs (High Velocity Aircraft Rockets); or
      • 2× 500 lb (227 kg) bombs; or
      • 2× 250 lb (113 kg) bombs

Last edited:
Indeed but that seems to follow the irl Mörkö-Morane, the D.3802 is probably the most handsome MS-406 descendant
Aagh, the Finnish Mōrkō Morane, an 8 year old fighter design upgraded with modern engines salvaged from the Russian planes they shot down.... If Star Wars would play in WWII, that's what the Rebel Alliance would be flying.

she is a tad bit of an Ugly duckling
At least the engine won't overheat easily with all that radiator.

I know the Hispano-Suiza 12Y has an overheating problem, but I didn't imagine the radiators to be this massive To the point the plane nearly has the frontal cross-section of a radial-engined fighter.

Aagh, the Finnish Mōrkō Morane, an 8 year old fighter design upgraded with modern engines salvaged from the Russian planes they shot down.... If Star Wars would play in WWII, that's what the Rebel Alliance would be flying.
Ah young grasshopper you forget the VL Humu, take an obsolete design (Brewster Buffalo) and make a wooden copy, powered by a pirated powerplant and armed with pirated machineguns!

That is a SAAB L-27 with a La-7 hood
Interesting, what engine is it using?

That said, any updates on Zi-36, Zi-37, and Zi-38?
I like it, though NGL, the canopy looks more Yakovlev than Lavochkin since the latter's canopy is much lower and longer than Yakovlev's.
View attachment 854209

Nevertheless, I find it as a happy accident, and I'll be adding it as a canon variant to my lore. I'm thinking of the Zimansky (the ATL Lavochkin) to be symbolic of the Cozak people and their struggle under the Kalinian yoke.

Here are the variants of the Zimansky series of fighters and what they represent:
  • Zi-33: DB601/DB605/Tifone engine with LaGG-3/early La-5 razorback - The Cozak people's attempt for an equal footing within the Kalininian Empire.
  • Zi-35: DB601/DB605/Tifone engine with Yakovlev canopy - The further ethno-radicalization and centralization of the Kalinian Empire and oppression of the Cozak people and culture.
  • Zi-36: DB601/DB605/Tifone engine with La-5F/FN canopy - The Cozak War of Independence, a.k.a The Odessan Revolution.
  • Zi-37: BMW 801 engine with La-5F/FN canopy - The international recognition and support of the revolution.
  • Zi-38: DB603/Junkers Jumo-213E engine with La-5F/FN canopy - The official establishment of the New Cozak Republic.