Alternate Electoral Maps II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that Kid Rock or Fairvote Robert Richie?
The republican from the West Wing. The one who got his ass handed to him by Martin Sheen in this video

As for how he got elected in the first place, it's because TTL 2016 Democratic Candidate Beverley DeWitt was no Jed Bartlet either, and had credibility issues plus a divisive primary that all led to low Democratic turnout in the industrial Midwest, costing her Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Ohio, and Pennsylvania

Last edited:
The republican from the West Wing. The one who got his ass handed to him by Martin Sheen in this video

As for how he got elected in the first place, it's because TTL 2016 Democratic Candidate Beverley DeWitt was no Jed Bartlet either, and had credibility issues plus a divisive primary that all led to low Democratic turnout in the industrial Midwest, costing her Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Ohio, and Pennsylvania
Isn't Beverly DeWitt Ziegler's candidate briefly against Santos?

Isn't Beverly DeWitt Ziegler's candidate briefly against Santos?
No idea. I just picked "female name ending with a y+Half of an early nineteenth century New York governor's name"

To spur a little discussion, what do you think of the fact that Yellow doesn't actually win a contest until South Carolina? For the Democrats Iowa, New Hampshire, and Nevada are all before the "first in the South" primary.

No idea. I just picked "female name ending with a y+Half of an early nineteenth century New York governor's name"

To spur a little discussion, what do you think of the fact that Yellow doesn't actually win a contest until South Carolina? For the Democrats Iowa, New Hampshire, and Nevada are all before the "first in the South" primary.
My yellow or Gregg yellow

Well, obviously not. He was splitting the centrist vote pretty severely with Anne Brown up until she dropped out after Nevada. If you add the both of them together, Yellow wins Nevada handily and only loses Iowa by a whisker - and Greene was born in Iowa City, so it's not like that was surprising.

Political plays are always interesting. I'd love to read it if it gets to a stage worth sharing.

It's very early and I've just written the first draft of the first scene, basically I plan to have a large portion of the first act follow Dean Preston's slow decline as he gets angrier and angrier as he expected to be the nominee with only nominal challenge

It's very early and I've just written the first draft of the first scene, basically I plan to have a large portion of the first act follow Dean Preston's slow decline as he gets angrier and angrier as he expected to be the nominee with only nominal challenge

That's incredibly interesting. Here's hoping we see more of it!

That's incredibly interesting. Here's hoping we see more of it!

In my mind Preston is a mix of Jimmy Carter, Richard Nixon, and Hillary Clinton
Lidia Aarden is kinda a Warren/Lloyd Bentsen figure, big workers advocate
Izza DiFiorne is a mix of Guillini and de Blasio
Paul Morrell is like Sanders mixed with a little Huey Long
And then Paul Ortega is just entirely unique in my mind, left wing, but also a big enviromentalist and immigration advocate
They're very interesting characters, atleast I think so

Last edited:
Moore_vs_Jones.png

Moore wins Oklahoma (by less than .5% - there would probably be a recount if this wasn't a national blowout for Jones) and Nebraska CD-3 (about 60-40). The only states Jones wins by less than 5% are Idaho and Wyoming, he notably wins Alabama by about 10%, because I assumed this was happening in 2020 after Jones already won the senate election.

How many counties does Moore win here?

Thande

Donor
Not really an election map as such, but this is a hypothetical compromise version of the US Senate, which is halfway between the current constitutional setup where each state gets an equal 2 Senators, and a fully proportional system: under this setup, each state gets 1 Senator each by default (which accounts for 50 of them) and the other 50 are assigned proportionately.

Makes you realise just how big California is...

upload_2018-1-4_16-23-8.png

Not really an election map as such, but this is a hypothetical compromise version of the US Senate, which is halfway between the current constitutional setup where each state gets an equal 2 Senators, and a fully proportional system: under this setup, each state gets 1 Senator each by default (which accounts for 50 of them) and the other 50 are assigned proportionately.

Makes you realise just how big California is...
I'm curious as to what the Senate looks like in this Scenario with the current voting. Assume that the new Senators are all R if there are two R currently , all D if there are two D/I currently, and half and half if they are one of each (yes, that ends up with 2.5 each from Florida).

Thande

Donor
I'm curious as to what the Senate looks like in this Scenario with the current voting. Assume that the new Senators are all R if there are two R currently , all D if there are two D/I currently, and half and half if they are one of each (yes, that ends up with 2.5 each from Florida).
Yeah, I don't know if anyone wants to work it out - it would depend of course if they were all elected statewide or if a state decided to use districts (if that was constitutionally allowed). I guess we have to use your method and assume they're all statewide because otherwise it would be too complex.

Yeah, I don't know if anyone wants to work it out - it would depend of course if they were all elected statewide or if a state decided to use districts (if that was constitutionally allowed). I guess we have to use your method and assume they're all statewide because otherwise it would be too complex.

If (hypothetically) this were to go ahead, I think the Republicans would fight for statewide PR to try and win at least a couple of seats in California.

Right, I've gone for the method of giving the extra seat to whatever party got the highest percentage the last time that senate seat was up for the split states, I calculate it as:

Democrat: 52
Republican: 47
Independent: 1 (Sanders)

Democrats lose out in Montana, North Dakota, Ohio, West Virginia and Vermont. Republicans in Nevada, Pennsylvania and Florida, and the indo in Maine.

Thande

Donor
Right, I've gone for the method of giving the extra seat to whatever party got the highest percentage the last time that senate seat was up for the split states, I calculate it as:

Democrat: 52
Republican: 47
Independent: 1 (Sanders)

Democrats lose out in Montana, North Dakota, Ohio, West Virginia and Vermont. Republicans in Nevada, Pennsylvania and Florida, and the indo in Maine.
Nice work Alex. I was actually expecting a bigger Democratic advantage than that given California, though I suppose Texas partially counterbalances it.

Nice work Alex. I was actually expecting a bigger Democratic advantage than that given California, though I suppose Texas partially counterbalances it.

California's effectively counterbalanced by the fact that Delaware, Rhode Island, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Vermont and Oregon go down to 1 seat each.

Thande

Donor
Here's the same thing but for the 1960 census, as that's the first one with all 50 states.

I was surprised California actually has even more seats here (to the point that I had to come up with another shade of purple) despite only being the second biggest state after New York. Such a huge gap between those two and the rest of the states. Get a load of Texas and Florida though - that's air conditioning for you.

US senate semiproportional 1960.png

Status
Not open for further replies.