Alternate cities of the industrial revolution

We all know the famous cities of the UK's industrial revolution in our timeline: the docks of Liverpool and Bristol, cottonopolis Manchester, ship-building Belfast, Leeds, Glasgow, Birmingham etc.

But which cities were pre-ordained to have become the big urban metropolises of Britain? I imagine some were inevitable, like Liverpool. Others I'm not sure about. Were there others that could have made the jump and got a snowball effect going?

We all know the famous cities of the UK's industrial revolution in our timeline: the docks of Liverpool and Bristol, cottonopolis Manchester, ship-building Belfast, Leeds, Glasgow, Birmingham etc.

But which cities were pre-ordained to have become the big urban metropolises of Britain? I imagine some were inevitable, like Liverpool. Others I'm not sure about. Were there others that could have made the jump and got a snowball effect going?

Who says that the revolution has to start in the UK, it could be started in a German state, or even in Russia.

Who says that the revolution has to start in the UK, it could be started in a German state, or even in Russia.

Who says it has to happen at all? Who says that the UK needs to exist? Who says the human race needs to evolve at all?

Nobody, but the implied premise of the question was that all these things happened.