Alternate bride for Charles VI

I'm interested in the marriages made by Leopold I's sons namely because they were both unsuccessful in producing a Habsburg heir. Joseph married an older woman allegedly because her piety and maturity were meant to balance qualities he was lacking. Charles married a relatively minor Protestant German Princess. So I'm wondering what other possibilities there are for Charles. I'm less interested in the outcome than in the process, that is to say less concerned with the affects of the POD which are rather obvious (namely that Charles VI may have a son and thus no War of Austrian Succession) than with how the bride was selected. So I suppose for the sake of argument we assume Elisabeth Christine won't convert or maybe just dies making her unavailable.

I've heard and read various reasons for the selection of Elisabeth Christine, for example that her father negotiated the marriage with Joseph's wife Wilhemine Amalia. But the family connection there seems pretty tenuous as they were only third cousins and from different branches of the family (Wolfenbuttel and Hanover). When you look at potential alternate candidates the field is so small that I wonder if she wasn't simply selected by default. So with so few Catholics available is that why Charles looked to the Protestant German houses? Caroline of Ansbach wouldn't convert but Elisabeth Christine would so voila an Empress is made?

The Habsburgs would begin seriously looking for a wife for Charles around 1703-1705 while the War of the Spanish Succession was still raging. Charles needs a wife close to his age who can give him children soon since his rival Philippe d'Anjou is already married and an heir will help secure his claim. So a prospective wife would ideally have been born from say 1688-1693. But there's not many in that period. All the Bourbons are off the table. So too are the French allied Bavarian Wittelsbachs (not that there was one of suitable age) and the Savoys, who were initially on the French side and married Philippe and his brother Charles. There are no Braganzas or Estes of the right age. The Medici are on the verge of their own succession crisis and can offer no one.

These are the other (variously) suitable candidates that I found. Any thoughts on them?

Elisabeth Auguste Sophie of Palatine-Neuburg (1693-1728)
Daughter of Charles Philip, Count Palatine of Neuburg
Maternal first cousin
She seems like the most likely to me. The Palatine Wittelsbachs were mostly loyal to Austria. Her father would eventually become Elector Palatine and she's the theoretical heiress to Saxe-Lauenburg (though its already been occupied by Hanover). Her age is pushing the limit though, as she'd only be 13-14 at the time the marriage is contracted.

Eleonora Luisa Gonzaga (1686-1742)
Daughter of Vincenzo, Duke of Guastalla
A relatively minor figure, but she could/would become heiress to Guastalla if her brothers are still childless like OTL. Her age could work against her as being too old or it could be a plus if its taken as a sign that she can start having kids right away (a la Marie Leszczynska)

Elisabetta Farnese (1692-1766)
Daughter of Odoardo, Duke of Parma
Maternal first cousin
Her uncle had a falling out with Joseph early in the war and Alberoni had already made in roads with the French so it would be hard to pull off with out some strong conciliatory gestures from Joseph which seem unlikely. It could also provoke the ire of Victor Amadeus who would covert her for his son.

Maria Isabella of Savoy-Carignano (1687-1767)
Daughter of Emmanuel Philibert, Prince of Carignano
Possible if they want to secure Victor Amadeus' change of allegiance with a marriage. He has no more daughters but could offer his cousin. But she's from a minor branch of the family as evidenced by her OTL marriage and her brother's (to Victor Amadeus' illegitimate daughter)

Anna Christine of Saxe-Weissenfels (1690-1763)
Daughter of Albert of Saxe-Weissenfels
Dorothea Wilhemine of Saxe-Zeitz (1691-1743)
Daughter of Maurice William, Duke of Saxe-Zeitz 1664-1718

These two are both from cadet branches of the Electoral Saxon line. Some of their relatives did convert. Dorothea's uncle was made Archbishop of Esztergom and Primate of Hungary. But she also apparently went crazy in later life. Anna Christine's father converted to Catholicism himself but he was a fourth son and extremely poor so her prospects aren't great.

Catherine Ivanovna of Russia (1691-1733)
Daughter of Ivan V, Tsar of Russia
Probably the least likely given the differences in religion and political complications at the time (Russia was not doing well in the Great Northern War around the time such a marriage would be contracted) but I throw it in here for fun.

The fundamental step was "in the previous page":

«In choosing a consort for his heir apparent, Leopold initially considered a fourth match with Pfalz-Neuburg, but was persuaded by Elector George Louis of Hanover to diversify his dynastic portfolio by marryng Joseph to the Guelph princess Wilhelmine Amalie of Brunswick-Lüneburg. Joseph's own determination to marry a German princess reflected an upsurge in patriotism within the Reich and the influence of his teacher H.J. Wagner von Wagenfels. But George Louis rendered a Hanoverian match especially attractive by committing 800,000 gulden to the Imperial treasury: the marriage between one of his Catholic cousins and the future Holy Roman Emperor accorded well with the ambitions of a dynasty that had pursued a careful strategy of primogeniture in order to consolidate its territory and titles, and acquire electoral status. Even then, the paramountcy of Habsburg geopolitics necessitated prior approval by key ministers in both Vienna and Madrid before the match could be approved. Within a short time the Hanoverian dynasty's strategic value acquired a new currency through its imminent succession to the British throne, a consideration that helped persuade Joseph I to strengthen the existing ties by second match with another Guelph princess, this time between his brother Charles, and Elisabeth Christine of Braunschweig-Wolfenbüttel».

(Clarissa Campbell Orr, Queenship in Europe 1660-1815: The Role of the Consort, Cambridge University Press, 2004, chapter 4, p. 111)

Firstly, the Neuburg princess you're confusing with her cousin, Princess Ferdinand of Bavaria, as heiress to Saxe-Lauenburg. Elisabeth, OTOH, could be heiress to her Radziwill mother's estates in the PLC which could make for interesting times.

Also, the older daughter of Pedro II was originally offered, but she died of typhus (I think) in 1702.

Sticking with Neuburg cousins, one of Jakub Sobieski's daughters might be an option (Maria Kasimiera - OTL a nun, but almost Mrs. Carl XII).

Another candidate might be ( at least on the tail end of the spectrum) the eldest daughter of the duke of Modena, niece of empress Wilhelmine.

For shit and giggles, what if there's a brief rapprochement with the French, he marries la Consaltrice Stuart while M. Magdalene or another archduchess marries James Francis Edward.