Alternate 9/11

Note, this is an idea for an alternate terrorist attack. However I wonder about posting it, as it may offend some folks, alternately it may upset folks as it could "give terrorists ideas" And being as I have not heard this idea before, that last point may be valid.
So if this offends or is a bad idea, the I ask the moderators to remove it...

Well here goes

I have had this idea in the back of my head for a while. And wanted to know what oh think the reaction would be to the following.
It is believed that 19 people were involved in the high hacking.
So if we go with a simpler plan, and because of that lets assume we can train twice as many.
So in the alternate plane we have 40 terrorists. (Rounded up for simpler math) We divide them into 20, two man teams. Each team rents three vans that they put at three different locations (suv' s or large cars work also) in each vehicle the put a sniper rifle. (I am sure you see were this is coming)
The teams are scattered around the country from major cities to small cities to little back of beyond towns. I would estimate that they can get 60 primary targets in about 40 towns or cities, as some of these teams will travel.

So at X hour the team's start to hit there targets. They take say two minutes to hit as many folks as they can at there target, the drive off, get to there next vehicle and repeat this three time, if they want to after the third target the use the vehicles as car bombs on another target. Or they can have a forth vehicle and try to escape. Your choice.
The targets may have to be in only half the country because of time zones, but maybe not.

One way or the other the US wakes up to learn that throughout the country there has been a series of mass shootings at our schools. If staged right it will take a while for the country to figure out what is happening. And then the panic will set in.
This time it won't just be folks in planes and large cities that panic, but all parents with school age children.

So what do you think they could get away with. And what do you think the reaction would be?

This is an idea for a timeline I am thinking about.

Well, the pro 2nd Amendment crowd might be forced to have a discussion about restricting access to firearms, especially if the shooters got their weapons at gun shows, but that might depend on how they got their weapons.