AHQ: Alternate unit designations?

I'm thinking, here, of pure AH units, less than renaming (frex) armored/panzer divisions.

Frex: given an AH without helicopters (but heavier than air surface-skimmers & airships), what does an outfit deployed from the skimmers get called? Not Airmobile (just because I don't want to confuse the issue...).

Could cavalry be supplanted by dragoon as a standard term? Or is their another that might? Hussar? Jäger?

What about units replacing horses with motorcycles? Motorized Dragoons? (Do they end up being called Motoons?:eek:x'D )

Thoughts?

Personally I always thought "Air Descent Division" would be a cooler name in English than Airborne Division, as far as I know thats what VDV basically translates to.

Off the top of my head, at least alternate in a modern military sense.
- "Footmobile" instead of Light Infantry
- "Mounted Rifle/Infantry" for motorized or mechanized units.
- "Cataphract" for Armor units
- "Scaling Division" instead of Mountain Division
- Flying Column exists as a term for brigade minus size ad hoc rapid response forces, just formalize that with "Flying Division", could be a combined arms 72 hours notice type force.

Another thought if you really want to get wild is use descriptions based on the unit's purpose. An armored division is meant to break through enemy lines, just call it a "spearhead, breakout, anvil, whatever division.

Cataphract appeals to me. (It suggests a Greek theme, & has a flavor of Draka.)

Scaling Div is kind of interesting.

Flying Column is kind of cool, too.

Thinking about a few...

Cuirassier, heavy cavalry, ritter - tanks or other armor units
Hussar - armoured cars or other motorised recon units
Velites - anti-tank infantry with rockets and etc

Autocannon - self-propeled artillery, or it could be a tank in a world in which the first "tanks" where motorised artillery with armour being added later on.

And for ATL airforces...

Voltigeurs - fighters
Dragoons - airmobile troops

I'm seeing quite a bit of repurposing. Nobody thinks new terms would arise? Like, what happens when you've combined a/c and armor?