AHC/WI: South Korea as a Game Developer Heaven

I know I maybe wrong, but compared to Japan and US/Canada South Korea has never really had a big game developer a la Nintendo or Microsoft. With a POD of 1980, change this. TBH, I think Samsung could easily e a good candidate for it in the 1990s and 2000's.

I know I maybe wrong, but compared to Japan and US/Canada South Korea has never really had a big game developer a la Nintendo or Microsoft. With a POD of 1980, change this. TBH, I think Samsung could easily e a good candidate for it in the 1990s and 2000's.
The thing was that Korea till mid 90's was a very closed society,even Nintendo and SEGA needed to use Samsung and Hyundai respectly to sell the Famicom and mega drive respectly ( and even them illegal market was bigger) and when computer become popular, Blizzard and others capitalize it

Maybe no ban in Japanese items so Nintendo and SEGA can sell their consoles directly and that kickstart the developer business?

Game Park was a South Korean company that attempted to create its own portable console. The commercial success was quite limited.
If the ban for Japanese products wasn't there, this could have been a contender.
Does Nexon not count?
Not in America, but that could change depending on how their investments in Sega, Konami, and Namco Bandai play out.
Note to self: write plausibility thread on someone buying out Konami in the oughts.

If the ban for Japanese products wasn't there, this could have been a contender.

Not in America, but that could change depending on how their investments in Sega, Konami, and Namco Bandai play out.
Note to self: write plausibility thread on someone buying out Konami in the oughts.
Not in America? Maplestory is vety popular here...