AHC/WI: Nova Scotia joins the US

I've read that Nova Scotia, part of Canada now and British North America back then, had a large population of americans in the 1700s and may as well could have joined the AmericanRevolution, but unregulated piracy against them prevented them from considering such. its a pretty simplistic reading, and there are plenty of other reasons why. Let's say the American colonies help curb piracy, and so Nova Scotia. What else could cause the scario, and happens next in it?

The added fish stocks in the Bay of Fundy, as well as it being next to Maine, could definitely be a boon to the economy, for instance.

I've read that Nova Scotia, part of Canada now and British North America back then, had a large population of americans in the 1700s and may as well could have joined the AmericanRevolution, but unregulated piracy against them prevented them from considering such. its a pretty simplistic reading, and there are plenty of other reasons why. Let's say the American colonies help curb piracy, and so Nova Scotia. What else could cause the scario, and happens next in it?

The added fish stocks in the Bay of Fundy, as well as it being next to Maine, could definitely be a boon to the economy, for instance.
Unfortunately, I think the British Royal Navy just rolls in, pummels the area, and holds it.
Many of the Maritimes/Nova Scotia questions seem like the British could just take the area with their massive Navy?
Terrain seems far more amenable to naval attack than anywhere else? It's going to be difficult retaking the area from the British Navy and Army.

Unfortunately, I think the British Royal Navy just rolls in, pummels the area, and holds it.
Many of the Maritimes/Nova Scotia questions seem like the British could just take the area with their massive Navy?
Terrain seems far more amenable to naval attack than anywhere else? It's going to be difficult retaking the area from the British Navy and Army.
OTL saw New York City abandoned by the British shortly before the end of the war despite the fact that they held the city firmly and it was full of Loyalists. It seems feasible to me that if the Americans were winning hard enough, they could get the British to cede land that wasn't currently under Patriot occupation, but that seems hard.

Is New Brunswick part of Nova Scotia at this time? I don't recall. If not, it's going to be hard. On the other hand, it's my understanding that a lot of New Brunswick's people came from New England, New York, and Pennsylvania, so maybe they would come along.

OTL saw New York City abandoned by the British shortly before the end of the war despite the fact that they held the city firmly and it was full of Loyalists. It seems feasible to me that if the Americans were winning hard enough, they could get the British to cede land that wasn't currently under Patriot occupation, but that seems hard.

Is New Brunswick part of Nova Scotia at this time? I don't recall. If not, it's going to be hard. On the other hand, it's my understanding that a lot of New Brunswick's people came from New England, New York, and Pennsylvania, so maybe they would come along.
I believe New Brunswick and Nova Scotia were one province at the time, it wasn’t until 1784 that New Brunswick became a separate entity from Nova Scotia.

Is New Brunswick part of Nova Scotia at this time?

Difference is that NS is separated from the 13 colonies by hundreds of miles of essentially virgin forest, so that it is virtually in the position of an island, accessible only by sea. There's no Continental army sitting on its outskirts, and no practical way to get one there for any length of time.

NB didn't really exist until after the war, as it had no white population to speak of until the Loyalists came. It was officially part of NS till then.

Nova Scotia had become home to a large population of loyalist Americans who'd fled from more revolutionary parts of the country and had become very loyalist as a result. Still, the Treaty of Paris was very generous to the revolutionaries already, so maybe it's possible the crown would be willing to sign the area away in exchange for limiting the U.S.'s rights in the west. Like, say, the border being established as the St. Lawrence River all the way from the Atlantic to the Great Lakes then down to the Appalachians instead of giving the Americans basically unlimited land claims over the mountains.