AHC/WI: 1891 New Orleans Lynchings Avoided?

I have seen discussions about the 1891 New Orleans lynchings leading to a possible Italian-American War. So, to contrast that, I am wondering how to plausibly avoid the incident and, also, what, if any, reprecussions would there be of an influx of Italian/Sicilian immigrants into New Orleans without the lynching occuring.

Any information or guesses would be appreciated

dcharles

Banned
I have seen discussions about the 1891 New Orleans lynchings leading to a possible Italian-American War. So, to contrast that, I am wondering how to plausibly avoid the incident and, also, what, if any, reprecussions would there be of an influx of Italian/Sicilian immigrants into New Orleans without the lynching occuring.

Any information or guesses would be appreciated

How to avoid the incident? Easy. No attack on Hennessy. Repercussions? Well, New Orleans was already the second largest port of entry for Sicilians after New York and the birthplace of the Sicilian-American Mafia, so it's hard to imagine the influence being much bigger. As it is, St. Joseph's Day is almost as big of a deal as St. Patrick's Day. Biggest repercussions I can think of is the increase in the influence for the Black Hand and the continued survival of Hennessy, who was very much a man on the make.