AHC:Tenrikyo Japan

The challenge is as follows:
With POD not earlier than 1854 make plurality(if not majority) of Japanese population in 2014 the followers of Tenrikyo.
Also, what do you think would be the impact of this religion's increased popularity on Japanese society.
EDIT: Alternate challenge - With POD not earlier than 1854 make at least 10% of Japanese population in 2014 be the followers of Tenrikyo.

Last edited:
hm. seems more than a little hard.

i don't think it's plausible, but maybe if you can convert the Emperor of the time to Tenrikyo it'll work. he was apparently a uniting symbol of opposition against the Shogun.

afaik, Tenrikyo is a very small cult. even Christianity has more influence in that period.

hm. seems more than a little hard.

i don't think it's plausible, but maybe if you can convert the Emperor of the time to Tenrikyo it'll work. he was apparently a uniting symbol of opposition against the Shogun.
I think that is a major problem with all Japan-coverts-to-x TLs because it's hard to imagine why any Emperor of Japan would convert to a religion that negates the belief in his divine ancestry.
However faith is in principle illogical so it isn't completely unimaginable. The question is how long will such an individual last on the Chrysanthemum Throne after his conversion.

How about this then - Let's add an alternate challenge:
With POD not earlier than 1854 make at least 10% of Japanese population in 2014 be the followers of Tenrikyo.