AHC:Slavic language in Western Europe

I´m using the Historical Definition that Catholic=western European and Orthodox= eastern European.
Then Poland, Bohemia, Croatia, and Slovenia are all Western Europe.

If you are meaning the vague area of "Britain, France, Low Countries, Germany, Italy, Spain, and Portugal," maybe have more aggressive Umayyad expansion mean that Frankish kings end up offering to settle Poles and other Slavs in Iberia in return for converting to Christianity and fighting the Andalusians.

Then Poland, Bohemia, Croatia, and Slovenia are all Western Europe.

If you are meaning the vague area of "Britain, France, Low Countries, Germany, Italy, Spain, and Portugal," maybe have more aggressive Umayyad expansion mean that Frankish kings end up offering to settle Poles and other Slavs in Iberia in return for converting to Christianity and fighting the Andalusians.

Bohemia is Czechia and I argued that is western Europe
Croatia is Western Europe, historically was Italian influenced, and later Austrian as is Slovenia
Slovakia was historically Hungary land so they are eastern European (Hungary like to flip flop between orthodox and Catholic)
And Poland is western European, The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth is distinctive Eastern European, but Poland proper before the union was western European

Fair enough, but the Slavic linguistic element is unlikely to remain dominant and be preserved in this context. In all likelyhood, they would ultimately assimilate linguistically to local Romance (well, this would probably happen even if they all spoke something Turkic).

It could still be "culturally Slavic" much like how the Galicia region of Spain is considered "culturally Celtic."

I'm guessing what the OP is after is a Slavic language west of a Jutland-Rome axis?

Kind of difficult to do since at the time of the spread of the Slavs there was a reasonably strong Frankish kingdom or two.
What's needed therefore is to limit Frankish control east of the Rhine and simultaneously push the Slavs from the east.

I read a TL on this board quite a few years ago where Slavs settled in OTL France, Burgundy and Germany. It had an ancient PoD and I remember the countries having Slavic sounding names like "Burgundiya" (just a funky example, I don't remember the exact names).

Maybe someone recalls the title or author.

When were we ever orthodox...?
Well the first Baptizm of the Hungary Kings were in Byzantinum, and until the Saint stephen I that was baptized as a Western christian Hungary followed the Eastern rite, and was considered Eastern by hte church by their insistence to maintain independence and don´t follow blinding the Papacy edict, is not that they were Orthodox is more that from the papacy point of view, rather limited I´m sure, Hungary was always in the point to go eastern or pagan or escape the Papacy scope, so they consider it a eastern Kingdom an constantly send missionaries and especial mission to be sure that such important and powerful kingdom remain Christian(western rite) and don´t be tempted by Byzantium and the riches of the Eastern rite kingdoms. Sorry if I my over simplification was confusing