AHC: Russian Prussia

whitecrow

Banned
Your challenge is to have the Russian Empire annex the territory of Prussia. Preferably this should take place after the Napoleonic Wars. Bonus points if its post 1850.

At minimum to fulfill this challenge, Russia should control the dark blue territories on this map:

Ac.prussiamap3.gif

The only thing I can see is Prussia proper (between the Vistula and the Niemen rivers) going to Russia in a different 1806 settlement, and then Russia not giving it back to the Hohenzollern.
After 1813, German nationalism is starting and then the annexation of basically a quart to third of Germany is completely unrealistic. Occupation during some very un-OTL war, maybe. A puppet government, perhaps. Unless Russia can dictate its terms to all other Great Powers, they will not even accept a system analogous to the GD of Finland.
And outright integration, with more or less the Prussian provinces or districts becoming guberniyas or similar? No.

How about some POD that results in the Warsaw Pact nations being directly absorbed into the Soviet Union. With Poland + East Germany you get the whole area.

Or, what about a Warsaw-Pact East Germany but with the same pre-Hitler eastern border? Essentially leads to what the OP wanted, a Soviet-aligned Prussia

Napoleon still defeats Prussia, but is weakened. Nicholas I then gets everything to the Oder River. Later, Russia and Austria ally against Prussia and Prussia goes to Russia and Silesia goes to Austria. Though I think this isn't very plausible.

In Russia and so the Germans were the most favored nation. And you have to add the Prussians offer. Russia will not, and Great of Prussia.:(

whitecrow

Banned
This happened IOTL - it's called the Kaliningrad Oblast.
Nope, does not fulfill the OP due to not having all of territory in dark blue.
Or, what about a Warsaw-Pact East Germany but with the same pre-Hitler eastern border? Essentially leads to what the OP wanted, a Soviet-aligned Prussia
Nope, since it won't be part of the USSR/Russia in that scenario.

Avoid Tannenberg and the Masurian Lakes or have them be decisive Russian victories.

Hey presto, Russian Prussia - in 1914.

I win.
Would Russia annex the territory in such a case though?
In Russia and so the Germans were the most favored nation. And you have to add the Prussians offer. Russia will not, and Great of Prussia.:(
Given how Prussia's ambitions impacted Russia later down the line in OTL I'm sure that Prussia as part of Russia would be better for the Russian Empire than OTL situation.

Nope, does not fulfill the OP due to not having all of territory in dark blue.
Nope, since it won't be part of the USSR/Russia in that scenario.

Would Russia annex the territory in such a case though?

Given how Prussia's ambitions impacted Russia later down the line in OTL I'm sure that Prussia as part of Russia would be better for the Russian Empire than OTL situation.
For Russia's easier to start from 1870, and not to avenge France. Then Germany will remain fragmented and will not pose a threat to Russia.

Probably, I think. OTL's reason remains as good here; it would give Russian an all-year Baltic warm-water port (Konigsberg).

It's enough to Eastern Prussia. Russia has already received it during the Seven Years War, but Peter III brought her back to Frederick