AHC: Polar bears hunt penguins

Why would they not do well in a place like the Antarctic Peninsula?
I remember reading somewhere, that in the 1920s, A Norwegian Entrepreneur wanted to start planting Pine Forests on the Peninsula. He estimated that after 50 years of growth and naturalisation, He would be able to introduce a number of species including Musk Ox, Lynx, Great Owls, Wolves, and up to forty other species imcluding an initial population of 12 Polar Bears. He managed to obtain grants from several governments including the British, Norwegian and Swedish before tje idea fell through because of the Depression.
Not sure of his ultimate goal, or what would have happened next but it seems a cool start ;)

I remember reading somewhere, that in the 1920s, A Norwegian Entrepreneur wanted to start planting Pine Forests on the Peninsula. He estimated that after 50 years of growth and naturalisation, He would be able to introduce a number of species including Musk Ox, Lynx, Great Owls, Wolves, and up to forty other species imcluding an initial population of 12 Polar Bears. He managed to obtain grants from several governments including the British, Norwegian and Swedish before tje idea fell through because of the Depression.
Not sure of his ultimate goal, or what would have happened next but it seems a cool start ;)

Could such operation be possible? I could imagine that planting of trees would be quiet tricky operation.

Could such operation be possible? I could imagine that planting of trees would be quiet tricky operation.
No not then, now yes thanks to climate change there is a much higher chance of this succeeding, back then the ground there was still way too frozen for trees. Now it maybe possible I have not heard of reports from that region but it seems likely that the situation is different. However, this will have to go through various scientific bodies and they would go no. Dogs are no longer allowed in Antarctica as the diseases they may carry are threat to seals. What makes everyone here think that today's world bodies would allow polar bears to Antarctica?

Which means you'd have to wait until we're strip-mining Antarctica for its minerals and drilling oil wells everywhere before we can make the pesky environmentalists let us bring in polar bears. A lot of people think they already live in Antarctica, so meeting the expectations of potential tourists is always nice.

Nowadays with climate change, you could actually make that Norwegian plan viable.

I would love to find out more about that. Any idea of a name or anything? Just searching for pine forests and Antarctica isn't finding anything useful.