AHC/PC: Jewish state in Grodno Governorate?

I'm of a mind, totally unrelated to any opinions that I may or may not have about Israel, Zionism, etc., that a possible place for a Jewish state other than Israel could be the Grodno Governorate of the Russian Empire, or the Bialystok-Grodno District of Gemany's Ober-Ost. In addition to having one of the highest Jewish population percentages in the Pale of Settlement (around 17.5% at the turn of the century), it's right where Poland, Lithuania, and Belarus meet, so it seems like a natural location for a buffer state that could be formed without taking any too-integral chunks of those three countries. Is it plausible at all for this to happen, and if so how might it? I imagine that any such state would have to be formed artificially by some external power like a WWI-victorious Germany or a slightly different USSR, but things did get pretty crazy in Eastern Europe around the end of WWI in OTL...

This is really something that's both before and after 1900 in terms of potential PoDs, but the forum works how it works.