AHC: No English Civil War

Charles dies without issue in (before 1625?) and Elizabeth and her Calvinist husband Frederick become the new monarchs.

Have Elizabeth I get married, and not to England. :p

Even if she had had a son succeeding her, he would not have avoided the financial problemes that the Stuarts faced because Elizabeth delayed making decisions that would have given the crown stronger financial means.

Of course, pissing off the House of commons on religious matters did not help Charles I (nor his father who started in the end of his reign).

Oddly enough I have always thought that Charles was overly influenced by his trip to Spain seeking the hand of the Infanta Maria.

I think he saw the possibilities of an absolute monarchy in Philip III's court and it gave him ideas about his reign.

Had he not gone to Spain he would not have the influences (and he and his father would have been more popular in England) of "foreign" courts.

Another possibility would be that Charles married a Protestant, I don't know if the Dukes of Prussia had any daughters available but if so this would be a useful choice.