AHC: Make the Sonderbund War the trigger for a major European conflict

Funnily enough I was actually going to start a thread about the Principality of Neuchatel at some point over the weekend, having been watching the film adaptation of Leonard Wibberley's The Mouse That Roared I was casting around for a possible stand-in candidate for a second Lichtenstein-esque kind of country and Neuchatel seemed to fit the bill.

Granted it's entirely unconnected to the Sonderbund War but reading about the history of the place did make me wonder about what if Granted this Frederick William IV had successfully intervened. Assuming that the House of Hohenzollern continued to rule Neuchatel in personal union up to 1918, with the principality having remained neutral during the Great War, could we perhaps see Wilhelm II retreating there and remaining as sovereign prince? Or would France say bugger the legalities, invade anyway during the war, and try and nick the place at Versailles? One of the few things that I though might of stayed them was the British in that they joined the war in protest at the violation of Belgium's neutrality so having their main ally do similar could be somewhat awkward.