AHC: make 20th century futurist predictions come true by the year 2000

So by now I am sure we have all seen old retro futurist visions about what life would be like in the year 2000. Flying cars, hover boards, jet packs, super tall skyscraper, lunar and underseas colonies, food in pill form, robots, virtual reality, holograms, moving sidewalks, and other 20th century futurist predictions. I would like to know is it possible to have some or all of this arrive in the year 2000?

CaesarCzech

Banned
So by now I am sure we have all seen old retro futurist visions about what life would be like in the year 2000. Flying cars, hover boards, jet packs, super tall skyscraper, lunar and underseas colonies, food in pill form, robots, virtual reality, holograms, moving sidewalks, and other 20th century futurist predictions. I would like to know is it possible to have some or all of this arrive in the year 2000?

You are in wrong forum my fried. ASB is what you need.

We can have hoverboards in time for Back to the Future, so there's hope for that yet.

Private space travel exists, thanks to Richard Branson.

Jetpacks exist (and have existed since the late 50s), but are pretty sucky.

I think the Burj Khalifa would be pretty impressive to someone living at the turn of the century, being nearly three times as tall as the Eiffel Tower (828m vs. 324m).

Go to any pharmacy and practically any essential nutrient you could need is going to exist in pill form.

Robots, virtual reality, and holograms all exist in some form or other.

Moving walkways turned out to be really underwhelming and mundane.

---

So really, the biggest difference between those futurist predictions and reality would be the moon bases, and we totally already have undersea bases.

I'd say we've actually done a pretty good job creating those futures, and realising some bits of them just aren't as cool as our ancestors thought they would be.

GeographyDude

Gone Fishin'
I think OP had in mind large colonies under the seas, or at least large floating kelp farms, something like this.

And did any futurists kind of come close to predicting the Internet?

I think OP had in mind large colonies under the seas, or at least large floating kelp farms, something like this.

And did any futurists kind of come close to predicting the Internet?

I remember a few years ago there was a video from the 50's about the future showing not only home computers but also the fact you could order stuff over them.

To be honest, moving sidewalks would be terrible. You could only go one way fast, if you went the opposite way, you wouldn't go anywhere.