AHC: Kill (and save) Jaguar

No, I haven't gone barmy.😉

I mean, eliminate the Jag marque, yet keep (the former) Sidecar Swallow making fine, high-performance cars into 2024 without a buyout by Ford or BMW (or, as so often proffered, Renault).

Takeover by a Canadian company (Manga?) Is okay....😜

Merger with (frex) Aston or Lotus is okay, too. (Separate is preferred.)

Have at it.

In the post war world no British company is going to survive with the initials SS or model numbers starting with SS and having a motor manufacturer with Sidecar in the name isn't going to get it any credibility so you need to drop that part of the name.

Now the renamed Swallow Motors can continue as Jaguar did into the 1960's. Now you have to avoid ending up part of British Leyland so have Vauxhall/General Motors buy them out to be their European based sports-tourer mark.

Last edited:
In the post war world no British company is going to survive with the initials SS or model numbers starting with SS and having a motor manufacturer with Sidecar in the name isn't going to get it any credibility so you need to drop that part of the name.

Now the renamed Swallow Motors can continue as Jaguar did into the 1960's. Now you have to avoid ending up part of British Leyland so have Vauxhall/General Motors buy them out to be their European based sports-tourer mark.
I did know that. (On my phone, typing is a hseahec.😉 )

i imagine something like Swaĺlow Car Coy & XJ or XK numbers.

Avoiding the BLMC clusterfutz is one I have no clue on. Nor dealing with insane union leaders.

Last edited:
Can alt-Jag build an E-type with a hatchback (just a door)?

Can it offer a blown 4.2? A related 4.5 or 5 liter?

Does buying (or not) Daimler make any difference?

BTW: bump.

Can alt-Jag build an E-type with a hatchback (just a door)?
Why mess with perfection? Until American regulations ruined it the E Type was beautiful.

1698375651184.jpeg

Last edited: