AHC: Japanese Victory in WWII

Anaxagoras

Banned
A Japanese victory in WWII would require a collapse in American political will to continue fighting. This is extremely unlikely. So long as American political will holds, Japan is doomed to eventual defeat.

archaeogeek

Banned
Even if the US will fails, the soviets will get in and once they do the situation is hopeless. You need a POD at least 20 years before the war :p

If we can go back to November, 1940... Taft winning the Republican nomination and again in November could do the trick to averting a Pacific War, at least involving the US.

Japan can only win in an alternate WWII where China is Axis and Japan is Allied (not a hint)

Maybe a Japan holding the PI?

That would eliminate the need for the US to maintain a huge fleet and an army in the Pacific in the future.

Title says it; no PoD earlier than 1942

I'm flexible on defining "victory" -- to a point.

Unless Germany can hold out long enough to build a nuclear bomb, (which could take a matter of monthes or years) then Japan will reach a stalemate with America in the Pacific, and America will push Japan back to the home island (with likely aid from Canada or fellow pre-NATO allies).

Godzilla attacks the US for waking him up?

Mexicans all go insane and charge the US border en masse?

Mostly I'm seeing incredulity...

A Japanese victory in WWII would require a collapse in American political will to continue fighting. This is extremely unlikely.

If it really is a necessity for JV, how does it plausibly happen (even if it's still unlikely)?

Unless Germany can hold out long enough to build a nuclear bomb, (which could take a matter of monthes or years)...

So Japan holds out until Germany win one for the Axis*? OK.

*BTW, that's a different thread topic

EDIT ADD: Also remember, the OP states no PoDs before 1942.

Last edited:
Japan treats its subject peoples MUCH better.

Korea is industrialized. China treated as a sourcw of raw materials and a market rather than as an area for target practice and a source of rape victims.

Japan uses nationalism to make the Dutch East Indies a client state

Japan treats its subject peoples MUCH better.

Korea is industrialized. China treated as a sourcw of raw materials and a market rather than as an area for target practice and a source of rape victims.

Japan uses nationalism to make the Dutch East Indies a client state

All that is good and all, except the OP specified a POD no earlier than 1942, which is pretty much impossible. This militarist deathcult culture that dominated Japanese society by then requires atleast a decade's worth of POD for the change to take root, and even that may not be enough considering how deep the Tsushima Syndrome ran.

Get a 1900 or maybe 1920 POD and we can start talking.

Last edited:
Mostly I'm seeing incredulity...

Gosh, I can't inagine why.

Maybe because its BEEN DONE TO DEATH here, almost as much as certain aquatic mammals, that this is totally ASB??

If you have a serious idea as to how this might be possible, post it yourself, dont ask other people to do all the work for you.

OMG, Japanese Victory in WWII is ASB no matter when will be the POD. Japan has no resources to defeat America alone. Controlling Manchuria is not enough to defeat US in war unless America goes bankrupt and lost its will to fight. Japanese victory is a nightmare for all Asians. Japan will grab the resources of Asia and kill those who will oppose them. Japanese version of the Holocaust for me is much worse than the Nazi Germany had gone or Stalin had gone to the Ukrainians. Until now, some Japanese refuses to apologize their atrocities in WWII and glorify those who kill innocent people all over Asia including my great-great-grandfather in the Philippines who are victims of Japanese atrocities.

Shackel

Banned
You see, America, at this point, is unbeatable by any single power.

ESPECIALLY with the nuke about to pop up.

Therefore, you need an American POD and just hope it doesn't butterfly away the Pacific Front.

Have the Soviet Union join the Axis, give the Axis a lot of luck and the Allies a hell of a lot of bad luck.