AHC: Integration of Romania into Alliance which lead Ukraune

Perestroika. National democratic forces came to power in the Ukrainian SSR. As a result, Soviet to implement economic reforms by Grigory Yavlinsky and collapses under the weight of its internal contradictions. The post-Soviet economic structures that created the 500 days plan are under attack applied economic policy of the Russian Parliament. Ukraine seeks to create its economic alliance with Belarus, Moldova and the countries of Central and Eastern Europe. The European Union is busy with its own problems and is forced to ignore the formation of a new alliance on the ruins of the Warsaw Pact. Of course, the "New Alliance" declares the goal of European integration.

What is the best scenario integration of Romania into New Alliance? What to do with Moldova and Transnistria?

Last edited:
How expedient division of Moldova between Romania and Ukraine with the aim to create the conditions for the integration of Romania in the Ukrainian-centric structure (Bessarabia in exchange for integration and reforms on Ukrainian sample)?

You mean keeping European part of Comecon a live,and expand-it to the former soviet republics.
Warsow pact was the opposite of NATO.
A big problem with getting others in C.E.E. to join in it will be the fear of Russia,and desire to distance them self form Russia.
edit:
Another thing is that the comecon is association also economic decay,so it will be very hard to convince some one to join in,even in to an new form of it.

Last edited:
You mean keeping European part of Comecon a live,and expand-it to the former soviet republics.
I'm talking about forming a new alliance on the site of the former Comecon

Warsow pact was the opposite of NATO.
Of course, I know it

A big problem with getting others in C.E.E. to join in it will be the fear of Russia
If we use the fear of Russia as a binding element of the Alliance in the first stage of its development (enlargement of NATO and the EU for some reason impractical)?

Another thing is that the comecon is association also economic decay,so it will be very hard to convince some one to join in,even in to an new form of it.
Economy? And what can sell Ukraine of Romania and vice versa?

I'm talking about forming a new alliance on the site of the former Comecon

They did not what to keep the original comecon alive

If we use the fear of Russia as a binding element of the Alliance in the first stage of its development (enlargement of NATO and the EU for some reason impractical)?

Fear of Russia will prevent them form joining in,the best chance there is is to convince Belarus to join in,and after a while if thing workout it will be easy to sell it to the others.

And by the way there was something like that OTL the Visegrád Group,still is (but now is aim is to give a boost to the voice of CE in the European union)
Something to boost coopertion between country and help them join in europe and NATO

Economy? And what can sell Ukraine of Romania and vice versa?

Machinery,furniture,different raw materials,auto-mobiles,food,weapons,join energy projects (gas and oil,joint hydro-projects,interconnection of electricity networks so that they can sell to one anther energy.........) and i can carry on with it if you wish.

edit:
"enlargement of NATO and the EU for some reason impractical" i thing this will act against the idea of join in,since your idea is for the former communist countries to have join in to help each-other,in there attempt to the EU and NATO,So having some thing like a Visegrád Group of EE could be better,or even better have the tow merge if the form separately.

Now Romania express the desire to join the Visegrád Group in OTL during the premiership of Petre Roman,but did not mange to join in.

Last edited:
is to convince Belarus to join in,and after a while if thing workout it will be easy to sell it to the others.
Belarus' accession to the Alliance is preordained

And by the way there was something like that OTL the Visegrád Group
I plan on joining the Alliance of Visegrad countries

Something to boost coopertion between country and help them join in europe and NATO
at first Alliance was a group that aims to integrate into the EU and NATO. Later it evolved into a separate block under the prevailing circumstances

I can carry on with it if you wish.
I thank you for any help that you give me

"enlargement of NATO and the EU for some reason impractical" i thing this will act against the idea of join in,since your idea is for the former communist countries to have join in to help each-other,in there attempt to the EU and NATO,So having some thing like a Visegrád Group of EE could be better,or even better have the tow merge if the form separately.
In the early 1990s is to talk about joining the Alliance countries to the EU and NATO. But the events that will occur in the mid-1990s, sharply reduce the desire of the EU and NATO to expand. Thereafter Alliance evolves towards a single block

Vladislav
The EU started as the the European Coal and Steel Community,so this alliance can start like that as well,for example a power electric production and distribution communion.
So Ukraine and Belarus form a more integrated part of it,and they start to bring the neighbour countries in by uniting there electricity distribution
for ex it could all start form building a high voltage power line between Romania and Ukraine and Poland Ukraine,or Belarus Poland one and so on.
This way the Visegrad could do there thing,same for the Baltic,same for Romania,and Bulgaria,but in mean time political and economical collaboration between them grows,and eventually they join in and form an alliance

Now for the NATO,EU,this should also be splinted for: there will be a grater resistance from Russia to allow the alliance to succeed if is goal is to join NATO the it will be to join the E.U.
Now you can have it as a also a military alliance between Belarus and Ukraine,but keep the join NATO part form the Russians

Edit : Fear of Russia can be use later on to forge a military alliance if NATO expansion fails,and EU drags her feat on military side of things

Last edited: