AHC: Franco-Bavarian army wins the Battle of Bleinheim

Well, you just need to have the duke of Marlborough die or fall so seriously il that he can't lead his army. Prince Eugene on his own does not succeed to resist successfully.

The french-bavarian army follows its plan which was to take Vienna. If it succeeds, then Austria is forced to withdraw from the war.
The french get a massive advantage and win the war in a few years.

The peace treaty is going to be more favourable to France.

You can imagine many things about Portugal and Italy, about the strength of the links between the french and spanish kingdoms.

If young Louis XV dies when a small child, then king Philip of Spain becomes king of France and Spain because he did not give-up his rights to the throne by treaty.

Well, you just need to have the duke of Marlborough die or fall so seriously il that he can't lead his army. Prince Eugene on his own does not succeed to resist successfully.

The french-bavarian army follows its plan which was to take Vienna. If it succeeds, then Austria is forced to withdraw from the war.
The french get a massive advantage and win the war in a few years.

The peace treaty is going to be more favourable to France.

You can imagine many things about Portugal and Italy, about the strength of the links between the french and spanish kingdoms.

If young Louis XV dies when a small child, then king Philip of Spain becomes king of France and Spain because he did not give-up his rights to the throne by treaty.

Most of this sounds about right. IDK what France would get out of the war, but I can guarantee the Spanish inheritance won't be divided. Truthfully without Austria the other Allies lost their reason/justification for the war. After all the official reason for the war was to place Archduke Charles on the throne, was it not? Without Austria the Allies are at a huge disadvantage.

Though I would argue the Louis XV part. With a good 9-10 years between Bleinheim and the deaths in the French Royal family that led to Louis XV inheriting the throne, whose to say that le Grand Dauphin, le Petit Dauphin or the Duc de Bretagne, Louis XV's older brother, don't survive? Either as all of them or a combination or one of them.

Most of this sounds about right. IDK what France would get out of the war, but I can guarantee the Spanish inheritance won't be divided. Truthfully without Austria the other Allies lost their reason/justification for the war. After all the official reason for the war was to place Archduke Charles on the throne, was it not? Without Austria the Allies are at a huge disadvantage.

Though I would argue the Louis XV part. With a good 9-10 years between Bleinheim and the deaths in the French Royal family that led to Louis XV inheriting the throne, whose to say that le Grand Dauphin, le Petit Dauphin or the Duc de Bretagne, Louis XV's older brother, don't survive? Either as all of them or a combination or one of them.

And preempt any union of France and Spain too. Well, that was the British aim. Or am I too early here?

And preempt any union of France and Spain too. Well, that was the British aim. Or am I too early here?

Also that. But the main goal was to place Archduke Charles on the throne. I guess with Austria knocked out of the war, we might see Louis XIV throw a bone to the Allies and offer to have Philip V renounce his rights to France. It would be the smartest move and something that could easily be reneged on later.

There was a timeline about France capturing Vienna in 1703. It's mostly about the peace treaty and its effects on European diplomacy, which should be relevant for 1704 as well.

Also that. But the main goal was to place Archduke Charles on the throne. I guess with Austria knocked out of the war, we might see Louis XIV throw a bone to the Allies and offer to have Philip V renounce his rights to France. It would be the smartest move and something that could easily be reneged on later.

Why would Louis XIV do exactly what he did in a different TL with a very different result in the war of spanish succession ?

In real History, the result of the war was in the end more or less even. That is why Philip of Anjou was forced to renounce his rights to the french throne. It was the price the UK demanded for peace.

If France won something close to a total victory, I don't see why this concession would be made. The concession was to have Philip of Anjou as candidate to the spanish throne, rather than his elder brother Louis of Burgundy (and his son Louis XV).

Why would Louis XIV do exactly what he did in a different TL with a very different result in the war of spanish succession ?

In real History, the result of the war was in the end more or less even. That is why Philip of Anjou was forced to renounce his rights to the french throne. It was the price the UK demanded for peace.

If France won something close to a total victory, I don't see why this concession would be made. The concession was to have Philip of Anjou as candidate to the spanish throne, rather than his elder brother Louis of Burgundy (and his son Louis XV).

So essentially France and Spain are tied (or rather France, Navarre, Castile-Leon, and Aragon) under a personal union.
Britain will remain opposed and likely support intervention in the Netherlands and Mediterranean.

Possible. But what about the big surplus of resources the french-castilan-aragonese king would have ?

With such a master power on the continent, Louis XIV and his successors may have the number one fleet in the world.

The Netherlands would have the choice between satellization and a war in which it would be certain to suffer a crushing defeat. Imagine the relation between Corea and China. I don't think the dutch would stick to England in a war against France.