AHC: Exact justice on Josef Mengele

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
See previous comment.

The evidence is here.

It is a fact that Werner von Braun sent letters with return postage to Goddard asking the American about his research into rockets: as to fuels, guidance, in flight control logics, and mechanical means and even such esoterica as to how to store and fuel the chosen volatiles into a liquid fueled rocket and how to pump fuel and oxidizer into a plenum chamber without blowing the rocket up. The proof is in public domain and I have supplied it.

ENDIT.
Why in the Name of all that is Holy did you do this?

Your "proof" is a Reddit thread (always the storehouse of academic rigor) and a 108 long list of documents, with the actual document not appearing anywhere, just 108 pages of names of individuals who sent letters to Goddard. von Braun may be on the list, I only scanned the list a couple times looking for his name, but he was clearly not in any sort of correspondence with Goddard.

This is exactly what you have been kicked for, more than once. You get backed into a corner, post something that is long and utterly unhelpful/proof of your assertion, throw in a Reddit or similar discussion that supports your position and then post ENDIT.

I warned you back in May, at the time of your second Kick IN THAT MONTH, that you had two options

1. Stop going out of your way to insult every historic figure who you mildly dislike, largely in hopes of getting a rise out of someone. Same goes for going out of your way to be a total pain in the ass at every opportunity. Stop. Permanently.

2. Ignore # 1. This option leads straight to the egress.

Your call.

Really simple, super easy to do. We have literally hundreds, if not thousands of posts a day that manage it without any real effort by the posters. Yet here we are.

I REALLY hate to do this, you have a ton of really interesting and helpful information and insights that are a positive help to the Board. That, however, doesn't feed the Bulldog.

You managed to force my hand here. Like TFSmith121 (who, frankly I still sort of miss) you have managed to type yourself into Coventry.

To Coventry with You.

Easy enough, let Mossad find out where he is and extract him to face trial in Israel as they did with Eichmann.
Easier said than done. The Israeli snatch of Eichmann annoyed a great deal of governments in South America, ones they were reliant on at the UN. Apparently one Israeli ambassador was quoted as saying that he couldn't touch Mengele if he was three feet away from him due to orders from on high.

As for using ex-Nazis... The Israeli themselves did when they hired Otto Skorzeny in the 50s.

Easier said than done. The Israeli snatch of Eichmann annoyed a great deal of governments in South America, ones they were reliant on at the UN. Apparently one Israeli ambassador was quoted as saying that he couldn't touch Mengele if he was three feet away from him due to orders from on high.

As for using ex-Nazis... The Israeli themselves did when they hired Otto Skorzeny in the 50s.
It seems to me the Mossad didn't care what the South American governments would react so they went with it anyways.

It seems to me the Mossad didn't care what the South American governments would react so they went with it anyways.

I think they cared *somewhat* - Golda Meir's insistence that Eichmann's snatch was done by private individuals displayed some concern for international perceptions. Granted: a lot of that may have amounted to concerns about American reactions, and giving the U.S. at least a fig leaf of cover in taking a benign attitude toward these "extracurricular" Nazi hunting Mossad activities.

Apparently one Israeli ambassador was quoted as saying that he couldn't touch Mengele if he was three feet away from him due to orders from on high.
That rings true.

I can say some things for the time when Josef Mengele lived in the Paraguayan town where I was born, Hohenau. Mengele was a protegee of Alfredo Stroessner, the brutal anti-Communist dictator of Paraguay and Nazi sympathizer who was itself a protegee of the USA up until Carter's presidency. Stroessner, son of a German migrant, was a personal friend of the people (people of German descent as well) who hid Mengele in Hohenau, so I don't think Israel would have wanted to mess up the US-Paraguay relationship over Mengele.